V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I FIRST WANT TO THANK STEVE [HDWRENCH] FOR ALL OF HIS PATIENCE WITH MY DUMB QUESTIONS AND CRAZY HOUR PHONE CALLS1 BY THE WAY BEFORE CALLING HIM CHECK THE TIME ZONE. HE NEEDS HIS SLEEP TOO.

Well I just got my 500 miles on my build.

98" kit 9.7/1 from HDWRENCH
K&N super Large AC filter with Open Cover from HDWRENCH
Flat top Pistons from HDWRENCH
comp lifters from HDWRENCH
Street Ported my Heads HDWRENCH
LMR spring from HDWRENCH
37G Cams from HDWRENCH
SE clutch spring
Excellent Support HDWRENCH

down fall V&H Big Shot Staggereds I love those pipes though.

waiting on bored to 48mm Throttle body & Manifold HDwrench before DYNO TIME

All I can say is WOW what POWER...
This is the power that I dreamed of in my 2001 fatboy... The folks I ride with that used to pull away with their cammed up stock bikes are amazed how fast I school them now.

IF ANYONE IS ON THE FENCE ABOUT BUYING HDWRENCHES SETUP YOU ARE NUTS....TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND BUY,BUY BUY. THIS WILL BE THE BEST MOD YOU HAVE EVER DREAMED OF......AND NO SH*T HOLD ON AND DO NOT GET TOO CLOSE TO THE VEHICLE IN FRONT WHEN YOU DROP THE HAMMER TO PASS...IF YOU DO ,YOU WILL BE IN THEIR BACK SEAT BEFORE YOU BLINK.

I will post DYNO #'s after putting on the manifold and throttle body....

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
rodriguc said:
wmossy: Sounds like you're having a great deal of fun with your new engine build. I am looking forward to hearing your results after the dyno tune.
rodriguc: we'll have to link up when I get mine done. I just added 3+ more weeks to getting mine back on the road because the heads are being cnc'd. I saw GPO03FATBOY today at the PX and he spoke of the build like wmossy. when you drop the hammer to pass, the thing will leave from under you and he only had 50 miles on it. He hasn't really even riden it like he stole it yet.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Wmossy; I'm already off the fence.. :wootdnc: I'm waiting for my parts to start arriving from HDWrence so I can tear into my 05. I had already ordered the same configuration as what you listed above. :Banadance

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rodriguc said:
wmossy: Sounds like you're having a great deal of fun with your new engine build. I am looking forward to hearing your results after the dyno tune.

rodriguc, Upon installation of my bored throttle body & manifold I will have it at the DYNO....Results will follow shortly....CAN'T WAIT

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mbkodiak said:
Wmossy; I'm already off the fence.. :wootdnc: I'm waiting for my parts to start arriving from HDWrence so I can tear into my 05. I had already ordered the same configuration as what you listed above. :Banadance

One of the best presents I have given myself.....

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
wmossy said:
One of the best presents I have given myself.....
Ain't it though? I'm waiting for my 44 CV to come in, then back on the dyno we go:wootdnc:

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
rodriguc: we'll have to link up when I get mine done. I just added 3+ more weeks to getting mine back on the road because the heads are being cnc'd. I saw GPO03FATBOY today at the PX and he spoke of the build like wmossy. when you drop the hammer to pass, the thing will leave from under you and he only had 50 miles on it. He hasn't really even riden it like he stole it yet.
Sounds like a date! There seems to be a great deal of NOVA riders installing the 98" kit. All of whom have recently completed their builds or in your situation (waiting on a part to close her up). I figure I won't be able to turn my head without running into one of these bikes before summer...LoL! This is a good thing...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
Ain't it though? I'm waiting for my 44 CV to come in, then back on the dyno we go:wootdnc:
Just talked to Zippers about a "special" carb for my 98"...might as well spend the inheritance too!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
rodriguc said:
Sounds like a date! There seems to be a great deal of NOVA riders installing the 98" kit. All of whom have recently completed their builds or in your situation (waiting on a part to close her up). I figure I won't be able to turn my head without running into one of these bikes before summer...LoL! This is a good thing...
I made that comment some time ago too but we have a few with other flavors...a 120" Jims to name one

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
rodriguc said:
you'll have to get out and ride with us when we are done with the builds rodriguc. we try to get out just about every weekend.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Just talked to Zippers about a "special" carb for my 98"...might as well spend the inheritance too!
tell me more about this "special" carb John. I'm looking at a mik 42. what is so "special" about the one you are referring too? What about your S&S?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I made that comment some time ago too but we have a few with other flavors...a 120" Jims to name one

And Joe's stage V 103 in motor. :cool:

It's gonna be a great spring and summer for the delinquents! :yes:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
For those that did not get the news letter from the site ALL miks are on sale,satins and polished. Several from here and have bought them and said I was between 30-50 less than anywhere else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts