V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several set of 98 inch cylinder kit that are slightly blemed due to powder coating. On a scale of 1-10 these are a 9 but with very small problems with the powder coat they cannot be sold at normal price. There are no other problems other than that. I have them in 9.7.1 or 10.5.1 all blk high light. SO here is the price $799.99while they last. I am posting here first and what does not sell will go to e-bay. I wanted to offer it here first.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Go figure as always..... just finished getting cylinders bored/honed, pistons and having cams ground for my Ultra.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
I left you a message Steve. I'll take one also per our discussion for my build!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey,
I'm new to the forum. I finally broke down and moved to an 06 dyna a couple of months ago. I'd like a set at 9.7. I'm also wondering what your reccommending for the cam should I switch to a gear drive or stay with the new hd cam plate.

Thanks,

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes they where, they where not in the same condition as these. Being that blems are sorted in levels some are not as nice as others. The cylinders that I currently have are very close to perfect. SO you get a cylinder kit that is very hard to locate the blem at a big discount.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
Yes they where, they where not in the same condition as these. Being that blems are sorted in levels some are not as nice as others. The cylinders that I currently have are very close to perfect. SO you get a cylinder kit that is very hard to locate the blem at a big discount.
AND you get the service too. Try getting THAT on EBay. And you get to help support a great forum contributor.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Mine is in the mail...just like when I was a kid and got a new Tonka toy...:clap:?prty: ~!Awesome! :woohoo:

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
...just like when I was a kid and got a new Tonka toy...:clap:?prty: ~!Awesome! :woohoo:
I loved Tonkas, too. I'm still a kid & play in the dirt...

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
What cam would/could you run?

Hey Steve,

What cams could you run or would you recommend with the 10.5:1 set up?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
idrwwo said:
Hey,
I'm new to the forum. I finally broke down and moved to an 06 dyna a couple of months ago. I'd like a set at 9.7. I'm also wondering what your reccommending for the cam should I switch to a gear drive or stay with the new hd cam plate.

Thanks,
andrews 37g gear drive is the choice for the 9.7:1 just finished mine and love the power.

Thanks Steve!!!!!!!!!!!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have used a few with with 10.5 but they that is a really broad questions as heads are going to play a big part. I have used a 585 made 106/115 a tw8 on a (did not berak Grocks number but then again heads played a part) 105/118
have one in the works now with BIG heads and a tw8 ( ron Hang on!!!) 44 carb and such. I have another that we are going to see what we can make He has a 9b and we are going to run 11.1 see where that goes.

Waiting on a few sheets now with Se heads to see how they worked out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't suppose anyone could tell me how much one of these kits would weigh? Just wondering whether shipping one over would be worth considering....

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
HDWrench

I'm running Baisley Street Port heads at 84cc. What is the expected CR with these heads and the 98" kit, CP Flat Top pistons and I assume 0.030" head gasket? I would use the JM20 Gear cams I'm running now, although I understand the TW37 and 82cc heads are better suited with the 98" kit. With the JM20 cam I'd expect the build to be a John Deere on steroids.

JM20
15 - Intake Open
31 - Intake Close
44 - Exhasut Open
12 - Exhaust Close
226 - Intake Duration
236 - Exhaust Duration
27 - Overlap
98 - Intake Lobe Center
106 - Exhasut Lobe Center
102 - Lobe Separation Angle
0.500 - Intake Lift
0.500 - Exhaust Lift
0.161 - Intake Lift TDC
0.138 - Exhaust Lift TDC

This is my build now

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I have an 06 Deluxe that I would like to add the BB kit to. What else besides this kit would I need? Is head work required or just recommended? For that matter I would not have a clue who to use. I am pretty mechanically proficient (I don't know how many engines I have built), how difficult is it to do this kit assuming some mechanical knowledge? Sorry about all of the questions, I am just not familiar with V-twin building/performance etc. Thanks.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The kit is as easy to install as a normal 95 kit. Most do it over a weekend at there homes. Give me a call I can answer any questions you have. As well there are several dozen post now on the 98 inch kit. All most all are those that did the install in their garage's or shed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts