V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching for mt6 Sert map for my 2006 Road Glide 98" build. So I can break in bike without fear of doing damage.

98" Revolution kit
Andrews 37G
9.7 C/R
HDWRENCH porting
V&H 2 into 1 Pro Pipe

I increased my SERT tune to 98" constant setting. The map I am working from is the stock one from SERT CD with changes to limit decel poping. From info I gathered from VTF. I also changed A/Flow ratio to 13.9 for throttle and RPM positions where most riding occurs. Will this be good enough to break in bike? Seems to run good.

How many break in miles before I can dyno tune my bike? :hmmm:

·
Registered
388 Posts
What I do (like exhausts there are going to be many answers on this one). Not scientific but this has provided me trouble free service and I ride my bike HARD...

~ 5 full heat cycles (idle for ~1 min then ride up and down the street loading the rings during accel and decell 1 thru 3 gear < 40 MPH for ~ 3-4 mins.) I do not want the rings to glaze and I want to insure that the cylinder pressures expand the rings against the walls of the bore (both excel and decel).

Change oil/ filter (I use dino < 1000 miles)

~ 500 miles (1000 if you have the patients) of ridding consisting of loading up the rings (accel/ decel), with steady throttle to insure max load time during accel. Little to no hwy driving before 300 miles. I ride varying the speed and avoid staying at a constant RPM for an extended period of time. I do however, perform a few sprints (roll ons) once the bike is fully warm. Lending to the opinion of breaking it in like you are going to ride it.

Change the oil and filter

Dyno ready.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts