V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GMR has another one that is 120 ft/lbs. as well. He is forwarding it as soon as he gets back from the great white north! Talk about a friggin' stump puller!
Bored stock T-Body
Mild Ported Cylinder Heads
Crane Cam
Thunderheader
Revolution 98" Bolt-On Big Bore Kit - 10.5:1CR
PCIIIR

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
revperf said:
GMR has another one that is 120 ft/lbs. as well. He is forwarding it as soon as he gets back from the great white north! Talk about a friggin' stump puller!
Bored stock T-Body
Crane Cam
Thunderheader
PCIIIR

Brian,

That's a nice looking dyno!! Three questions - 4th or 5th gear, SAE or STD, and which Crane cam?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!.............still think there is a bit more to be had with slightly larger T/Body.

Would be nice to see what pipes you were running too.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!.............still think there is a bit more to be had with slightly larger T/Body.

Would be nice to see what pipes you were running too.

All the best, Ozzie
Let me guess, the desktop dyno told you that!!!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Hey Brian,

I caught 120 TQ with the 98, Deweys heads, and a TW6HG a couple of weeks ago. Steve asked me for the dyno. Wonder if that is what he is talking about.
You have to let us know what off the shelf Crane cam pulled 120 TQ, though!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
GRock said:
Let me guess, the desktop dyno told you that!!!

Yeah, well that will do me for a while.......................

Ozzie

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey GRock! That is EXACTLY the one he is talking about. Reckon I could get it? There is probably an RP t-shirt or skully in your future in trade.:brows: Didn't get an AFR graph from Wes and he keeps his cam choices close to his vest. I'm sure he would tell you if you gave him a call. Thunderheader was the exhaust and Wes said that he has a piece that he puts into the end of them that completely removes the T-Header "dip" but the customer wanted the bike quick so he didn't get a chance.

BN

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
revperf said:
Bored stock T-Body
Crane Cam
Thunderheader
PCIIIR
I want one. I think. Do I have any tree stumps that need to be pulled out? Could start with the neighbors tree.:brows:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Looking for some understanding on this Revolution 98" build.

I saw some 95" cylinders on the counter of a Harley dealership today and was looking at the sleeve.

Now from what I was able to measure with my handy pocket tape measure was that if you remove the sleeve so that you can get a 3 15/16" bore you will not have any cylinder sleeve sticking down into the block and if you do. Would it be thick enough to keep the cylinders in place without breaking? I guess I just don't see how there would be enough metal without boring the case for the cylinder to stay put.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated as I am looking at doing this build next winter.

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now from what I was able to measure with my handy pocket tape measure was that if you remove the sleeve so that you can get a 3 15/16" bore you will not have any cylinder sleeve sticking down into the block and if you do. Would it be thick enough to keep the cylinders in place without breaking? I guess I just don't see how there would be enough metal without boring the case for the cylinder to stay put.

You are absolutely right in speculating that with a conventionally sleeved cylinder, especially OEM casting material, that there would be a lack of stability. Because the Revolution cylinder is a one piece unit with no sleeve and a plated bore there is nothing there to move around and we are able to utilize a thinner bezel wall without fear of movement.

Brian

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Brian,

Another question. Do you coat the piston skirts also with the NSC coating? Also, when are you planning on having your tappets available?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Kohn,

No, the pistons are not coated. The tappets are available now. I will have pics and details up on the website by tomorrow.

Thanks!

BN

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Brian,

A new question about the 98" kit. You say on your web page that it has a compression ratio of 10.5 to 1. Is that with stock heads? Special gasket? Special head CC volume?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is based upon an 85cc, stock combustion chamber with the .030" head gaskets that come with the kit.

Thanks,

BN

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
With the 98" kit are the wrist pins the same size as the stock HD ones? How many grams do they weigh?

·
Revperf
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey there Mr. Kohn,

Thanks for all your great questions. The wrist pin is a .927 pin just like the OE's. It is tool steel and it weighs 118.0 grams.

BN

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Can you get the pistons about .0028 diameter smaller so that a anti-wear coating can be applied to the piston skirt and a ceramic coating of the top?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts