V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium octane member
7,352 Posts
i would say go for it. I know i would buy one. I have done a couple of engine builds myself but am always interested in learning something new. You just cant keep any secrets from us.....lol...you never know your could make a whole series. Then send a copy of it too the discovery channel and show some people what skill/telent is....

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,650 Posts

·
Addicted to American Iron
447 Posts
I would buy the DVD.......visual / demonstration from a builder would be very benefical. Maybe expand it out a little to include installing gear drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe somebody will actually answer your question sooner or later..... Of course you didn't help yourself when you threw in the words "chicks", "naked". Next time, bring those subjects into the conversation AFTER you've gotten your answer..

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,650 Posts
98" build with 31G cam?

Has anyone done a 98" build using a Andrews 31G cam, ported J.E.T. or QHP heads, stock headers with slip on, SE A/C in a FLH Twin-cam with EFI? I think that is the way I am leaning. Would like to see a dyno pull on a set up like that if anyone has one.

I do a lot of two-up, solo highway and city with some mountains in for the fun of passing big trucks with the bags all packed with clothes and brochures for the sales calls. Mileage and Reliability is important.

Only waiting on money and time. Speaking of which. Any one wanting to buy a million or so $ of rivet shelving?

·
Road Captain
5,356 Posts
John R. said:
So do I have to use the SERT or will the Techlusion unit be good enough??
You will need the SERT, PCIII, DFO or some type fuel delivery mod system. The SERT, PCIII and like devices allow for timing tweaks also. The DFO (Techlusion and HD) only adjust fuel.

Don't let the thread drift get to you. It happens innocently enough all the time.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,650 Posts
hogg831 said:
You will need the SERT, PCIII, DFO or some type fuel delivery mod system. The SERT, PCIII and like devices allow for timing tweaks also. The DFO (Techlusion and HD) only adjust fuel.

Don't let the thread drift get to you. It happens innocently enough all the time.
John R
You could also save yourself some money and use the www.Technoresearch.com which will allow the tech to re-program your ECM instead of adding something else like one of the above. http://www.johnsonenginetechnology.com and http://www.bishopsperformance.com/ are two that I know of that use this system. You can also find a place maybe closer to you on the Techno Research web site. Why fake out your ECM when you can re-write it to fit what you are doing?

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
wkohn said:
John R
You could also save yourself some money and use the www.Technoresearch.com which will allow the tech to re-program your ECM instead of adding something else like one of the above. http://www.johnsonenginetechnology.com and http://www.bishopsperformance.com/ are two that I know of that use this system. You can also find a place maybe closer to you on the Techno Research web site. Why fake out your ECM when you can re-write it to fit what you are doing?
Thanks for the info. The list actually shows my dealer on it. I was actually trying to find a way to keep the bike OUT of dealer hands. They always seems to find things wrong when you do your own work.:dunno:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,650 Posts
John R. said:
Thanks for the info. The list actually shows my dealer on it. I was actually trying to find a way to keep the bike OUT of dealer hands. They always seems to find things wrong when you do your own work.:dunno:
A ride to www.johnsonenginetechnology.com would be a worth while trip. They are in Rhode Island and can work by appointment. You can also tell them everything you have done and mail them your ECM and they will send it back to you programmed.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.