V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I have a 05 EG with FI. I have the Rineharts, an A. Ness Big Sucker intake and Dobeck/Techlusion FM. 10K miles of no problem, reliable riding. I ride mainly two-up.

Enter the 98" build. I'd like to go larger but don't wanna split the cases. I see I'm going to have to port the heads (using either B. Boyz or Deweys) and will pick up the kit from HDwrench. I see guys switching to the SERT. Is this an absolute?? Besides the head porting and the kit, is there anything else I need? Gaskets?? Special tools??

I'm new to wrenching on bikes but I mess with everything else so I ain't scared at taking a crack at this. Anything I need to watch for?? Anyone has a step by step type instructions?? The site has a lot of info but it's sort of scattered.

Thank you.

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will be doing this when I get back from vacation at the end of the month and will probably be pestering the **** out of you guys.

dmeals - you're PM box is full. PM me when cleared.

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HDWRENCH said:
oh MY MY That is one of the thing you get when you buy the kit. FREE tech support at any stage. I am there , pick up the phone and call I will walk you through what ever point you are at. Just a phone call away. As well as I send several sheets on break in, pictures with tq , for rockers, cam, and heads. Heck if I can connect the dots any one can!!!!!!!! On another note, I am making DVD's that will cover a 98 inch build. . I have a bike coming for the build and plan on tapping it. Not sure how I will handle the dvd thing. Most likely it will be a small charge when a sell a build. Should work well for most, as the small dvd/tv combos would work well in a shop, not to mention what else you could watch in the shop :brows:
Man, I don't ask anyone for directions when I'm lost. :duh?: I guess it's that "man" syndrome thing. Screw it, I'll take one of my wife BC pills if I need to call ya. It'll make it easier for me.:boobies: :laugh:

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you're talking about doing a DVD, it will definately help people that are apprehensive about doing it themselves, more comfortable. Not sure about something, you just check it out again. Good idea and good luck with it.

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually, I do know a couple of chicks that would probably do the wrenching naked if I asked them too. :boobies: :boobies: Might not help with the kit sales but you'll do fine on DVD sales.:brows: :brows:

·
Wanderer
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
wkohn said:
John R
You could also save yourself some money and use the www.Technoresearch.com which will allow the tech to re-program your ECM instead of adding something else like one of the above. http://www.johnsonenginetechnology.com and http://www.bishopsperformance.com/ are two that I know of that use this system. You can also find a place maybe closer to you on the Techno Research web site. Why fake out your ECM when you can re-write it to fit what you are doing?
Thanks for the info. The list actually shows my dealer on it. I was actually trying to find a way to keep the bike OUT of dealer hands. They always seems to find things wrong when you do your own work.:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.