V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the bike is apart is there any mods or maintenance that I should do? One was, I was thinking of upgradeing the front motor mount. Also I was going to align the bike since it still drifts left and the heads came off. I thought about SS bolts but decided against it. Anything else??

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
bbrowncods said:
While the bike is apart is there any mods or maintenance that I should do? One was, I was thinking of upgradeing the front motor mount. Also I was going to align the bike since it still drifts left and the heads came off. I thought about SS bolts but decided against it. Anything else??
Looks like you have everything covered in the parts department. Maybe RevPerf lifters and rocker arms but that would be it. The rocker arms are over kill for your cam.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get the lifters from GMR. Anybody have experiance with the "True Track"?
I was also looking at the GP Main-shaft Outer Support.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DEW2112 said:
What about upgrades in the clutch department?:dunno:
That is in the "bunch of this and that" part. I have the SE spring. I didn't like the extra pull so I put in the "easy pull" ramps.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Chrome. Lots more. Diamond-cut heads, powder coated to match the paint job. :D

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
Primary chain tensioner. When mine goes down for the 98 install, that is in my list to add.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a couple of tensioners out there which one do you like the best?

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I used the new HD one. Got about 1200 miles on it and was in the primary yesterday for an unrelated inspection. No wear on the shoe. It does seem to keep the chain tighter, but I see no visable wear.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
bbrowncods said:
There are a couple of tensioners out there which one do you like the best?
I one I have ready to install when my bike is apart is the hb-125 which is a hydraulic unit. The subject gets discussed around here from time to time so a little poking around in old threads may be of value. The net though is that all who have added a primary chain tensioner report much improved feel in the shifting.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Throttle body and manifold

bbrowncods said:

Either have Steve @ GMR Bore them from factory 44mm to 48mm or go with a larger aftermarket model

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geezer-Glide said:
I used the new HD one. Got about 1200 miles on it and was in the primary yesterday for an unrelated inspection. No wear on the shoe. It does seem to keep the chain tighter, but I see no visable wear.
Geezer, does HD sell it as a kit or do ya have to order all the seperate parts? If you have the #'s that would help me go to Chicago HD and order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts