V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for a map that would be close enough to use during breakin for the following configuration.

98" GMR
stock reworked heads (port & polish, stock valves)
37G cams
Stage1 ECU
SE breather
2-1 exhaust

Thanks,
Rick

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
eglider05 said:
Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for a map that would be close enough to use during breakin for the following configuration.

98" GMR
37G cams
Stage1 ECU
SE breather
2-1 exhaust

Thanks,
Rick
Check with HDWrench. He has maps that are close to get guys through break-in with his kits.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
Check with HDWrench. He has maps that are close to get guys through break-in with his kits.
Already did. The one he had which was the closest to my needs was corrupted. He gave me another which isn't quite as close which is working, I was just hoping I could dial this in a little more for the breakin period. After 500 miles or so it goes to the tuner.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SEDELUXE05 said:
Rick
i do not understand when you said closest to my needs that 98in kit is pretty standard to what wrench sells all the time. im sure he has another map that you could use. what you do if you could ride the bike and try to see how it feels then call him he could probley walk you thru it over the phone about your concerns . did you try searching the forum for pc3 maps im sure some one has one around here some where!drunk! :sofa:
This was the alternate map I was given to replace the corrupt 98" map.

Harley Davidson Touring model

2000 FLHTCI 1550 Big Bore
Flat top S.E. Pistons 9.5-1
S.E. 204 Cam
Khrome Werks HP Plus slip ons

I'm using a map from the Dynojet site which looks to be a little closer to my build and it seems to run alright. I've only been able to put a few miles on at this point. I was just hoping someone with a 98" build would see this and send a map so I could try it out. I've only found maps for 95 inchers so far.

Rick

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
eglider05 said:

98" GMR
37G cams
Stage1 ECU
SE breather
2-1 exhaust

Thanks,
Rick
Bump.

Any 98" 37G PIII USB maps out there? Going back to stock head pipes with slipons for the time being. Please send me some maps. I'd like to experiment a little.

Thanks,
Rick

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Hey if you get one please let me know!

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Looking also

BUMP

I did a 98, street ported heads, slip on wild pigs, stage 1 HD download, K&N filter, HQ0039 cams

Need a map for break in also.......keeps dying when slowing up to stop.....the HD performance download sucks for break in.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Make that one more needing the same map
im in the middle of Gmr's 98" Build ( when i get my parts)#[email protected]
street heads a-37 cams .30 base gaskets and no map ???????? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill keep my thoughts to myself for now
@$#$&^(*&(*&(^&^$#&^%#$^##*&

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
davemhughes said:
BUMP

I did a 98, street ported heads, slip on wild pigs, stage 1 HD download, K&N filter, HQ0039 cams

Need a map for break in also.......keeps dying when slowing up to stop.....the HD performance download sucks for break in.
Dave,

Try this one. It was sent to me by someone on another forum. The only problem I have with it is the motor is a little balky under 2400 rpm when cold. After it warms up it works good for me.

Rick

·
Registered
362 Posts
I will try to keep all snide remarks to a minimum :whisper: as it wasn’t too hard to find the maps for the 98 builds.:thumbsup:

EFI forum
98 inch map

The MAP form GMR "with the edits" (read the thread) to the file name are working great for me. I did half to copy the information from this map into my Version 4.1.2 SERT files but it wasn’t hard and as I typed, it is working for me.:thumbsup:

Kenny

05 ULTRA
98 inch Kit 9.7.1
37G
heads - stage 2 CNC
Oil spring
V&H duals and Ovals

225 miles on the build todate.:chopper:

P.S. Where are all of the MAP's? These can't be all that have done this build. With all of the questions beening ask and help given out more maps should have been posted. After I get mine through the breakin and a tune. I'LL post mine and the Dyno sheets.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I'm looking for a 98" , 37g pro-pipe map for 2001-2004 softail. Anyone be able to help me out. I don't seem to be able to load the 2005 maps. Thanks

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Kenney said:
I will try to keep all snide remarks to a minimum :whisper: as it wasn’t too hard to find the maps for the 98 builds.:thumbsup:

EFI forum
98 inch map

Well the Snide remarks might be taken if you could read !!!!:badmood:

We are looking for a map for the
PCIII :eek:

NOT THE SERT!!!!:thanks:

why is it people respond to a psot and dont even read the whole thing?:huh:

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
FLA Trio said:
Kenney said:

EFI forum
98 inch map

Ok, look at post 10 in that thread. PCIII map attached there... Now who can't read? :265: :whistle:

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
FLA Trio said:
Kenney said:

EFI forum
98 inch map

I don't know about the snide remarks, but it does seem like this is about the third thread you've asked this question in.

I'm a SERT guy myself, but HDWrench is generally pretty helpful if you call and talk to him.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
yeah it might be the 3rd
stick around maybe you'll see a 4th
myself and Glide are looking for a map for the PCIII
one that is closer to what we are running for our initial break-in
98"
37 cams and
street heads
i rather have a map thats much closer to whats needed maybe fatten it up a hair .and not a map that the only thing it has as a common factor being the 98" ????????
thats like saying any 95" map will work with any pipes cams and heads
i just dont see that

btw ive called Steve several times
he stated that his map base was corrupted and he couldnt send anything out

now if anybody can give us a hand with a map
im sure we would both be very grateful

thanks in advance

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
FLA Trio said:
I don't know about the snide remarks, but it does seem like this is about the third thread you've asked this question in.

I'm a SERT guy myself, but HDWrench is generally pretty helpful if you call and talk to him.
Yep it's the third time because I haven't been able to come up with a PCIII USB 98" 37g, map. And no, Steve doesn't have anything as I talked to him long before I posted the first request for a map as have several others.

Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts