V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 In. TC -- Stage I, Low Maintenance

Maybe I posted this before, or similar --

96" TC, Stage 1, SE 2 into 1 Nightstick slip-on, K&N, Stage 1 SE intake.

We're running long-haul. Not racing, not looking for "performance" in any HP/weight ratio sense.

Street Glide with an easy going, dependable engine. No cats, doesn't run hot, doesn't need a whole lot of fussy attention to run for the long-haul.

Good mileage, w/ 6 spd. trans it gets good response on the power band. We're not looking to launch a rocket in the passing lane. It passes, plenty of power.

I think the 103 and 110 are over-strung, high-maint. unreliable.

We're not racing, we're hauling freight. The 96" does all this.

No cats . . .

:clap:

·
Registered
179 Posts
My thinking is very similar to yours. I have a '09 SG, Rinehart 3.5 True Duals, Arlen Ness Big Sucker with the OEM cover (everything appears stock except the pipes), Power Commander V, just enough to open it up and allow it to breathe but nothing over the top. I'm not racing, I don't have a need to have the fastest or baddest bike out there; just looking for longevity, low maintenance, and reliability. Not to say I don't like the sound of a bike with a badass cam or good sounding pipes, I love it, just not for me. I've gone thru the cycle, now I'll just cruise and enjoy watching someone else go thru theirs.

·
Registered
783 Posts
So let me get this right

You are saying that doing any improvements over an exhaust system a tune and a air cleaner is a bad idea ?

And that in factory form a 103 or 110 are somehow unreliable in some way ?

Or that well thought out mods like a rebuild,true and weld the crank,balance,a mild cam properly boring and honing a cylinder,a little port work are bad ideas ?

What planet are you living on exactly ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 103's are running good and dependable in Europ.Stock and alot of km"miles"
Why are the 103's unreliable in the USA???????

·
Registered
810 Posts
So let me get this right

You are saying that doing any improvements over an exhaust system a tune and a air cleaner is a bad idea ?

And that in factory form a 103 or 110 are somehow unreliable in some way ?

Or that well thought out mods like a rebuild,true and weld the crank,balance,a mild cam properly boring and honing a cylinder,a little port work are bad ideas ?

What planet are you living on exactly ?
The guy was from another planet....... now he's no longer on planet vtf.... notice that he is banned, 3 strikes......:coffee:

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Went back and read several of his posts. The man clearly has a mental disorder. There but for the grace of God go I.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I can't say about a mental disorder..... but different, to be sure. I recall early on his posting about being on other forums, and getting banned from some. Then banned here 3 times. Someone posted that he is over on an IBA site, causing a ruckus there. I dunno.... takes all kinds, right ?

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
There's nothing wrong with him, it's the rest of us that are screwed up.

(I'm sure that's what he's thinking) :whistle:

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Went back and read several of his posts. The man clearly has a mental disorder. There but for the grace of God go I.

He was lots of fun while he lasted.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
They always say highly intelligent people are crazy and he was no exception to the rule. There's a big difference between that and a mental disorder, and it's evident that most of you can't seem to differentiate between the two.

·
Registered
810 Posts
They always say highly intelligent people are crazy and he was no exception to the rule. There's a big difference between that and a mental disorder, and it's evident that most of you can't seem to differentiate between the two.
I don't recall any evidence of 'high intelligence'. Perhaps you could point this out. You even seem to know something about the rest of us too, claiming that 'most of us can't seem to differentiate between the two'.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
The guy is a writer which takes a creative mind. Just because he doesn't know everything about bikes doesn't mean he's not intelligent. Maybe he hasn't been exposed to bikes very long, but he definitely know more than the average person about them.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Anyone who thinks that mild upgrades done by a savvy bike owner or a shop that knows what they are doing is a deterrant to reliability is truly not very smart and for what magazines he writes for.....they need to review the job applications a lil better

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I can fix just about anything but there's some things I know nothing about. Like electronics and automatic transmissions in cars, and that's because I never learned about those things. I also don't know much about tuning a computer controlled bike or car, but I can build a computer from scratch and fix any problem that comes up in MS Windows and I never went to school for it.

But saying he is retarded just because you don't agree with his thinking is idiotic on your part. As far as him being a writer, he might write for a woman's magazine for all I know. Just because he owns a motorcycle doesn't mean he should know everything about them. Everyone owns a car but many of them don't know how to repair it. I hope you realize now that nobody knows everything no matter how smart they are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts