V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 96 fxdl and was wondering if anyone can tell me what years of the dyna series parts will fit my bike. (seats, Chrome, etc) will only dyna low accessories fit or will dyna glide and wide glide and the such work also.
thanks to anyone with info in this. not very many parts for this year, so i was just curious if other years and models will fit on my bike.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Try to get your hands on the HD catalog for sure. If I remember right, many, many parts specify for "1996 an later". I have been out of luck a lot for my '95 wideglide. I would think your '96 FXDL would do much better concerning parts applicability.
Good luck,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
already got the hd catalog. most accessories listed are for 99 and up. just a few for 96 models. thats why i was wondering if other years will fit. guess im in sort of the same boat you are man.......

·
Registered
396 Posts
Generally speaking, a lot of the '96-'99 stuff should fit. '95 and eariler seats are a no go since the frame is different. Probably a lot of the pre-'96 electrical stuff is different too since they changed connector and switch styles. Engine and tranny stuff is pretty consistent throughout the Evos. A lot of stuff is interchangable within the Dyna line. Be more specific on what parts you're considering and maybe we can help you out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
coolhandluke said:
just bought a 96 fxdl and was wondering if anyone can tell me what years of the dyna series parts will fit my bike. (seats, Chrome, etc) will only dyna low accessories fit or will dyna glide and wide glide and the such work also.
thanks to anyone with info in this. not very many parts for this year, so i was just curious if other years and models will fit on my bike.
What parts are you looking for specifically? I have a 2003 FXDL and my brother has a 1992 FXDB Daytona. They look similar to eachother except for the engine but they aren't that similar. Early Dyna's 91-95 can share seats and gas tanks. Forward mounts are supposed to be different for 91-92 than 93 and up. On some Dyna parts 96 and up is the magic year. Good luck.
Tim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the help peeps. new at this harley stuff, always owned a metric bike. great forum here. hope to learn more on the site..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts