Discussion Starter #1
This morning I picked up my 04 Heritage with the BB done. The build is:

SE flattop pistons
SBC Scottsman heads
Andrews 37g cams
SE adjustable lifters
Baisley spring
D&D fatcat exhaust

The only thing I can say is HOLY BAT, SH!TMAN, THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!!!!

I am running a PC map from a bike with an identical build except for a Thunderheader instead of the Fatcat, and even though it has a couple of flat spots and a little lean surging at some speeds, the thing is a rocket!! I can't wait to get it properly tuned on a dyno.

I get a little whine from the gear drive, but I kind of like the sound. The top end is slightly more noisy than stock, but not much. The 37g cams make the bike idle like a Harley, even with fuel injection, and the sound coming from the Fatcat at wide throttle openings can make wood, if you get my drift, I have never heard any bike sound that good before.

All in all, I guess you could say I kind of like it.:banana: The down side, of course, is that I don't think I will continue to get 13000 out of rear tires:hystria:

Oh yeah, today while seating the new rings (with HIGH combustion pressure:yes: ), I got 44 mpg, before the build I was getting a rock solid 40.

Teu

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
You cannot believe how envious I am. In case you don't know, yours is the greatest endorsement ever for this build. It's easy to read from your excitement. It's real!!!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Teu glad to hear you got your build done. 3.37 gear really compliments the build. I get a steady 44 to 46 mpg with mine. Enjoy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts