V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Heads are stage iv and the cams are R/R615.I can flat out run any stock
103 and stay right at the back tire of a 110 stock SE's.An associate i know has a 120r crate motor in his bike and when we twist the throttle on the highway he has to come and catching me.I tell man this bike will run and i also love the gas milaege because i can get around 150 miles on a full tank before the light comes on and thats better then some guys i know who have 6 gallon tanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Gotta respectfully disagree with ya on that one----the blip at 4800 is rf blip. The one at just over 4 is clutch in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
The Heads are stage iv and the cams are R/R615.I can flat out run any stock
103 and stay right at the back tire of a 110 stock SE's.An associate i know has a 120r crate motor in his bike and when we twist the throttle on the highway he has to come and catching me.I tell man this bike will run and i also love the gas milaege because i can get around 150 miles on a full tank before the light comes on and thats better then some guys i know who have 6 gallon tanks.
Heads are stage IV? I'm assuming stage IV means polished and ported? Looks like you were able to squeeze more out of yours then I did. I didn't have the extra 1K for the polish and port at the time and ran out of patience and time before my road trip.
What exhaust are you running?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heads are stage IV? I'm assuming stage IV means polished and ported? Looks like you were able to squeeze more out of yours then I did. I didn't have the extra 1K for the polish and port at the time and ran out of patience and time before my road trip.
What exhaust are you running?
The bassani road rage b11.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called AIM i have the VP92T which holds up to 126TRQ.The person i talked to on the phone said i might need to change the plates and don't use synthetic fluid in the transmission.
Redline or royal purple in the primary.

The bassani road rage b11.
Running this pipe on my fxr, stock heads and the numbers are freakish. It's a monster. Just posted my own charts. Excellent pipe choice, the only one in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Gotta respectfully disagree with ya on that one----the blip at 4800 is rf blip. The one at just over 4 is clutch in my opinion.
Yeah your right . :beer4u::beer4u:
It's showing some slip
Right before the clutch starts to hook up good .

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Can i fix my clutch slipage by taking it in to be adjusted or should get some plates?
you have a vpc ,i wouldnt worry about it. it isnt severe.
looking back at the sheet ... it could be you have a little more hp/tq to be had in that area . 4000 rpm is where the vpc and clutch are working real good normally. so without a clutch graph to see for sure,it hard to say for sure.
it could be with a little timing ,that whole area will pick up some.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you have a vpc ,i wouldnt worry about it. it isnt severe.
looking back at the sheet ... it could be you have a little more hp/tq to be had in that area . 4000 rpm is where the vpc and clutch are working real good normally. so without a clutch graph to see for sure,it hard to say for sure.
it could be with a little timing ,that whole area will pick up some.
So what do you suggest i should do?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone's clutch slips some. When it comes time to replace it, you can upgrade.

I had a very similar build to yours and ran the SE spring and VPC. Later I put in an E1 extra plate clutch. Actually preferred the stocker with spring and VPC.

You have a strong runner. Enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts