V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a good debate.

It seems that more and more riders are of the opinion that a good 95" build will out perform the 103 and 113 and save the crank labor and parts costs too. Carberated or Injected.

What are the group experiences??

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
V-ROD 1 FL said:
Here's a good debate.

It seems that more and more riders are of the opinion that a good 95" build will out perform the 103 and 113 and save the crank labor and parts costs too. Carberated or Injected.

What are the group experiences??
I would say a "good" 95" build is simply more cost effective for the performance gained. A "good" 103 or 113 will make both more horsepower and torque. Comparing equal builds....mild 103 vs mild 95..or a really "stout" 95 vs a stout 103...the bigger motor wins. for the average rider looking to make significant gains...95" or 98" is the way to go for the least $$$$$$.
Now..if you want a motor that makes 115\115..for the street..to be ridden every day...I'll take a lazy 120 incher over a high strung 95" anytime.

·
Registered
755 Posts
SAME REPLY TO ANOTHER THREAD - BUT IT APPLIES HERE TOO.

<Clicky clicky> Remember that there are several variables that make the ABSOLUTE number (when it comes to HP and TQ) DIFFERENT from one dyno to another. However, the COMPARISON data here is very useful when making these decisions. The TQ and HP PROFILES are just as important (or more) than PEAK numbers too.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
SYCLONE said:
I would say a "good" 95" build is simply more cost effective for the performance gained. A "good" 103 or 113 will make both more horsepower and torque. Comparing equal builds....mild 103 vs mild 95..or a really "stout" 95 vs a stout 103...the bigger motor wins. for the average rider looking to make significant gains...95" or 98" is the way to go for the least $$$$$$.
Now..if you want a motor that makes 115\115..for the street..to be ridden every day...I'll take a lazy 120 incher over a high strung 95" anytime.
What he said. It is all about how much $$$ you got and how much hp/tq you want.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The following line has been attributed to many different individuals / movies, so I really cannot tell the source.
However... it is very true!

"Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Given the proper tuning bigger is always better.
A 95" won't touch a 103" which won't touch a 113" and on and on.
One thing to consided cubic inches aren't sold at a certain dollar rate. The more you want the more each higher one cost.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's like decibels, the power required grows exponentially. To get 20 more decibels you need double wattage (don''t quote me but you get the idea)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts