1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MegaGlide said:
You're gonna like that.
What pipes ya' runnin'?
Runs great. I'm runnin' Bassani slip ons. He had it done over a week ago and the results were dismal with my SE slip ons with gutted baffles. He took some Bassani's off a bike in the shop and came up with much better numbers. I'm a big fan of Bassani anyway. Had Pro Streets on my WG for awhile and my son runs the slip ons on his EG. Idle circuit needs tweaked some as it died at a couple of stops on the way home, but I left the shop and rode it like I stole it. Good power through out, especially out on the highway. That's what I was lookin' for. More grunt.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Grayrider, you will like it. Power right where the normal rpms are. I have a FLHTC with flattops and andrews 21 and my graph is really similar to yours. Provides good passing power up to over a 100 and the 60 to 90 is really nice.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mtclassic said:
Grayrider, you will like it. Power right where the normal rpms are. I have a FLHTC with flattops and andrews 21 and my graph is really similar to yours. Provides good passing power up to over a 100 and the 60 to 90 is really nice.
That's what I was lookin' for. My WG is a stock 88 with a 42 Mikuni and SE igniton and runs great. Of course it's a lot lighter than the RK. I was riding in the mountains last year and didn't like the lack of grunt on the RK and decided then I needed to do something.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
That looks like a solid build; torque where you need it!

I've been told that 95" w/o heads is almost not worth doing, but your numbers look better than the cam-only builds (dynos) I've seen.

Grunt is good.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Grayrider, it is uncanny how similar our graphs are. The 510 and andrews 21 must be very close. I used stock hg's but wished I would have used the cometic 0.030 because everything I have read makes it seem like they add a bit of power.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mtclassic said:
Grayrider, it is uncanny how similar our graphs are. The 510 and andrews 21 must be very close. I used stock hg's but wished I would have used the cometic 0.030 because everything I have read makes it seem like they add a bit of power.
It could be. This wasn't the build that I originally intended. The guy that did it recommended it. He's reputable (Works for a local dealer) and has done several like this. He ususally gets 100 lbs of torque or more, but I think my header pipes prevent more power. When he finished the build, he ran a base run on the dyno with my SE slip ons with gutted baffles and only got little more than 80 lbs of tq. He took some Bassani slip ons off another bike put them on mine and picked up 10 lbs more. He asked me what I wanted to do and I said, "ORDER ME SOME BASSANI'S!" Exhaust made a major difference.

I'm happy with it, as I was looking for more grunt and got it. The torque curve is very good, as you can see on the graph. Comes on early and doesn't dip.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Grayrider
The WOT run looks lean, I suspect you could coax another 5hp out of it especially if they tune the cylinders seperatley and work the timing curve over. Unknown is what tuning device you are using so TBD what the possibilities are.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Grey, where you from?? I see the afr curve and 14.5 is on the lean side, was wondering what fuel you had??. Add some warm temps to that and you may have to add some fuel to that to stop ping or dial back on the timing, a lean bike will make some good numbers but drivablity can suffer. The pipe you are using is a great pipe.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah, I thought it looked a little lean too. He's tuned it before and said that the TC's like to run a little lean. I'll ask him, I have to take it back anyway as it idles around 900 rpm's at a warm start but idles down lower than that when I come to a stop and wants to die. I've got a SERT. Wrench, I'm in OH close to Dayton. It was running 93 octane. Wrench, Bassani is a good product. I've some experience with them. Thing sure is fun to ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts