V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Dyna with V&H Big Radius exhaust, stage 1 AN Big sucker air kit and a revtech DFO. After reading alot of your information I have come up with two build kits (listed below) and I would like to get some input from others as to which one would be the best option with stock heads.

Kit 1
Kit includes 95" Harley Davidson Cylinders, Keith Black Pistons with rings and piston pins (10.0:1 compression ratio), Harley Big Bore head gaskets (part # 16787-99), and Harley Davidson complete top-end gasket set.
(Andrews TW31s Great cam for motors with 95 inches and 9.8 to 10.2 CR. Lower TDC lift for easy installation. Similar to TW37 with different timing. (2000-5600 RPM). )

Kit2
Kit includes 95" Harley Cylinders, Screamin' Eagle piston kit part #22851-99A, Harley Big Bore 95" head gaskets part #16787-99, and Harley Davidson complete top-end gasket set part #17052-99B. The piston kit includes rings, piston pins and circlips. This kit has all Genuine Harley Davidson parts!
Andrews TW37b

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Why dont you want to go with heads???

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Your going to have those "stock" heads ported, right?
Choose a proven build brother. Many here have gone with proven packages
and are extremely happy. It seems that the ones that go with non-proven builds or builds that they thought sounded great end up less than satisfied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback

Any inputs on proven build components and sources. Head work is an option and I greatly appreciate any and all inputs. Also one thing I forgot this is for a fuel injected bike so any recommendations will be welcomed. Thank to all of you.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
FOR efi you can use a SERT or a PCIIIRusb or for even less money you can use a DFO box or such the dfo is not a bad way to go if you build is mild, you can only add fuel and cannot adjust timing, they do work very well and are easy for the owner to get decent drivablity

1 - 5 of 5 Posts