V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of last year I took my '05 FLHRSI to stage I using the SE air cleaner and performance slip-ons. I had a huge amount of backfiring with the Stage I map. Dealer said they were having problems with the '05 touring bikes doing that w/ the Stage I so they put the map on for a 1550 motor. Bike seems to run okay now, but after reading all of these SERT posts I'm beginning to wonder how far off it is now, and if it is too rich. Thoughts, suggestions? I'm leaning towards getting a SERT, mapping back to Stage I and trying Mega's adjustments. Thanks!

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
The 95" download is what the local dealer (who has a couple fine SERT tuners) is using on the 88" Stage I bikes with good results. If you're not going to put it on a dyno and really dial it in that's a pretty good option IMHO.
And I hate to take credit for those adjustments, just passing along GRock's wisdom from previous posts...

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MegaGlide said:
The 95" download is what the local dealer (who has a couple fine SERT tuners) is using on the 88" Stage I bikes with good results. If you're not going to put it on a dyno and really dial it in that's a pretty good option IMHO.
And I hate to take credit for those adjustments, just passing along GRock's wisdom from previous posts...
Thanks Mega (and the wisdom of GRock). My dealer has been very good, but it's nice to get that reinforcement from outside sources. Seat of the pants riding it is much better than the Stage I map.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts