V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

From reading some of the forums, I know from the knowledge here that I will get the right advise and none of that blowing smoke stuff. So here goes:

I own a 06 Electraglide Standard (Injected) with an stock 88 Cu in. and the Stage one kit. i am thinking of going to Harleys 95 inch Stage 2 kit with the cams etc and am wondering two things.

1) Would shaving make a big difference?

2) Does anyone have an idea what the torgue/Hp would be for the stage 2 95 in kit?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Bison

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
You should do a search first and read here. There is a ton of good information available. To spend some time you will have a much better build for the money.

The Harley stage 2 is marginal at best.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
You get a lot more for your money with a good indy job. Most of the dealer mechanics are parts changers, not engine builders. They send thier engines out to Harley for overhaul. Unless you have a great dealer who doesn't mind custom machining and aftermarket parts. Many aftermarket systems are superior.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Shaving would certainly cut down on your wind resistance!!!!!

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Power Kits

We have touring specific packages that we have developed that increase fuel economy, decrease engine temps, and raise the fun factor(power) to a whole new level. We build engines for the mechanics/sales folks personal bikes at one of the local dealerships here. No S/E stuff for them.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Canadian Bison said:
Hi Guys:

From reading some of the forums, I know from the knowledge here that I will get the right advise and none of that blowing smoke stuff. So here goes:

I own a 06 Electraglide Standard (Injected) with an stock 88 Cu in. and the Stage one kit. i am thinking of going to Harleys 95 inch Stage 2 kit with the cams etc and am wondering two things.

1) Would shaving make a big difference?

2) Does anyone have an idea what the torgue/Hp would be for the stage 2 95 in kit?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Bison
I don't know about the SE stage 2 kit but do have an idea about one of our R&R stage 2-1/2 kits. The core shift in the ports is removed with our stuff so when we tell someone this is what you will get, that's what you get. We see 105-108 torque and hp and pull 20-50 degrees temperature out of the engine (depenging on the tune). We always check and usually shave the base of the cylinders to get .035" squench which this little trick in itself will drive the torque up 4-5 notches and cool the engine down a bit. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Kits

We commonly see 100 hp and 110 ft/lbs with our 95" kits with a stock cv carb, and a good pipe. Professinal EFI tunes with the same combo have shown as much as 105 hp and 116 ft/lbs. All will a little Bob Wood TW-6G, bolt-in cam.
More on tap if cam/compression are moved around. Have seen 116 hp and 122 ft/lbs with the Bob Wood, TW-400G cams, bored Delphi and Thunderheader. Client is from Manchester, N.H.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
Hillsidecycle.com said:
We commonly see 100 hp and 110 ft/lbs with our 95" kits with a stock cv carb, and a good pipe. Professinal EFI tunes with the same combo have shown as much as 105 hp and 116 ft/lbs. All will a little Bob Wood TW-6G, bolt-in cam.
More on tap if cam/compression are moved around. Have seen 116 hp and 122 ft/lbs with the Bob Wood, TW-400G cams, bored Delphi and Thunderheader. Client is from Manchester, N.H.

WOW those are good numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
SEDELUXE said:
ill post the dyno sheets for the tw6 and hillsides build as soon as i bolt this baby together!!!!!!!!!!
i went with a similar build that scott is talking about. I received nothing but great service from hillside and expect great results with the pkg as well.:boobies:

Dude.....did you get a new bike?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts