V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any numbers on the 95 SE highoutput package. I have an 03 Ultra, travel with a trailer (lots of tenting) and usually a passenger. I both want and need the performance since I hate going up hill at 50mph and 4th gear. Only question is does anybody know about what this does to the milage? :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get an easy 90 ft-lbs at 3000 RPM on mine (02FLHTCUI 1550 Stage I) and it'll pull a trailer with two up and no lugging. Did do a custom EFI map as the SE 1550 Stage I flash was not optimum for torque in the 1800-4000 RPM range. Got 12,000 miles and get about 37-39 MPG this year at 80MPH all day. You don't need the Cam or high compression if you just want good touring performance - but you will need the EFI custom mapped for a 1550 pulling a trailer or two up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
tsuter it sounds like your the one I need to talk to.
I have a 2000 Ultra 1550 stage one, I pull a trailer two up too. Does it just fine, but I tinker too much. I just put a PCII on it and need to know which map to put on it. Its stage 1, 1550, with wild pig pipes.
It helped it with the stock map, but. If it can run better why not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try to find a power commander tuning center and get a custom map. Getting the map for some other bike is like someone handing you a bunch of jets and saying "this is what worked on my bike". Even with the same kits every bike is going to be a little different.......

·
Registered
250 Posts
I only use the Screaming Eagle EFI Tuner. For 1550 Stage I, the map from the CDROM is 3286802. And it does require modification. Can't help with PCII.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks anyway tsuter. I went back to their site and figured out which one I needed. Last time I must have had a brain fart, it just didn't soak in.
I think I was trying to hard not to get it wrong and screw up something.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, still, my old 95 evo "worked on" will out pull 2 of my friends new TC88, one with the stage 1 1550. So I don't want to go down in performance. Our speed limit is 75 so I run 80 with the cruise and frequently need a little acceleration to pass others at that speed. What I can't find is anyone who has put the HO set up on a dresser yet. I guess I am more concerned about being dependable over the long haul.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
How bad ass do you need? Cams would be a must if your looking for more than 10% gain. Some mild head work in increase TQ would be nice too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, my old evo dresser will pull the front tire up. Not that I do it on a regular basis but it makes for some good bets. Besides I am kinda Big if you get my drift and need a little extra HP to keep up with the slimmer boys. Yeah, Cams and heads and supertraps with 2:2 exhaust. I am thinking the SE 257 with SE heads and such. I know I might find some better but no bench work yet except maybe Branch which is what I have now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts