V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had this bike long...04 duece SE...but while riding the other day the bike died and when I went to restart it just didn't sound right. Sorta like when an engine is turning over and the compression is real low. Finally the bike fired and I drove off and everything seems fine. But on thinking back on the situation it seems that when the bike warms up it loses a fair amount of low end power, most noticeable when taking off from a stop sign...just seems that when its at operating temp I have to baby the clutch a lot more to get a smooth take off...When cold(I do warm up before riding) it seems to take the clutch a lot easier...
Bike has about 9000 miles on it and near as I can figure the only mod is a Vance Hines 2/1. supposedly remapped by the dealer...
The bike seems to run good and pull good rpm except during these hot start and take off conditions.
Wonder if the two are related...any thoughts?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Dealer remaps are lean and engines combust differently when hot.. If your '04 is still in warrenty explain the problem and have the dealer re-check the map... and save up for a Power Commander IIIusb or SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner)! These allow you to adjust the fuel supply in different RPM ranges.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Case

Did they give you a dyno sheet with a afr curve on it?? Or did they just download a new map into it??. It sounds like you may have a lean problem, could be the map could be intake seals. Hard starting now first thin is to check battery voltage you need to have 12.8 for a fully charged battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts