V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ya I have a comment... That's the flattest TQ line I have ever seen. WTF are the build specs???

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
STD numbers, but that won't change the curve, just the numbers. What's the build?

And that flat can be had... :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
ViennaHog said:
and then there is MegaGlide......same shape of the curve. How could I forget this?
Weeeeeeeellll... kinda...:hmmm:

Be careful of the resolution of the two graphs when trying to make an "apple-to-apples..." Mega's graph is much more "zoomed out" then Jims.

Mega's example actually has about a 10 ft/lb deviation before the fall-off at 5250 and Jims only deviates about 5 or 6 ft/lbs. Also Mega's example has a 10lb tq RISE at the beginning and Jim's actually has some TQ DIP early on.

Also, Mega's example is about 10 HP and TQ BELOW Jim's overall. A guy's build tends to get more "squirrelly" as he goes into the triple-digit range because they are trying to hit that "milestone" but don't have a great component-match going on which results in larger dips or rises in the TQ line (like mine - which has a large TQ "hill" that exists between 3K to 5K rpm and dramatically lower power before and after those RPM because of my pipes.)

Not nit-picking here dudes - it's just that the devil truly is in the details often when talking tuning... Jim's chart REALLY IS remarkably flat and right on that triple-digit sweet spot with a 95" build. Guess we gotta wait till he coughs up that build info! By the way, Mega's is a fine-looking dyno run for sure and I always appreciate when you pipe in on the technical threads too man.

Cheers and regards...:beer4u:

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Come on Dirty Jim, give us the build, don't hold back inquiring minds want to know.
Heads, Cams, CR, Breather, Pipes, Fuel management.
Lets have man, out with it.
PLEASE

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is all he told me.

cycle-rama 10:5 pistons
cycle-rama ported heads and bored intake manifold
cycle-rama spec cam
super trapp slip ons , with stock head pipes
power commander and dyno tuned.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
http://www.cycle-rama.com/index.html
TWIN CAM HI VELOCITY HI FLOW CNC PORTED HEADS
2.0 Inch Stainless Steel Hi Flow Intake Valves
1.570 Inch Stainless Steel Hi Flow Exhaust Valves
Bronze Alloy Valve Guides Precision Honed To Size
Pro Valve Spring Kit With Titanium Retainers
Radius Angle Valve Job
Set Installed Valve Spring Height & Valve To Valve Clearance
CC Combustion Chamber & Mill To Desired Compression Ratio
95 Inch Forged Piston Kit
Performance Top End Gasket Kit
Complete Gear Drive Cam Kit
Performance Lifters
Adjustable Push Rods & Tubes
Roller Rocker Arms
Performance Programmable Ignition Module
Cylinders Are Torque Plated, Precision Bored " Honed To 95 Inches " Set Ring End Gap
Price $3224.00

from their website if thats the same kit.........nice nubers anyway.....

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Very impressive tq curve !!!!! :thumbsup:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Fire4Effect said:
Weeeeeeeellll... kinda...:hmmm:

Be careful of the resolution of the two graphs when trying to make an "apple-to-apples..." Mega's graph is much more "zoomed out" then Jims.

Mega's example actually has about a 10 ft/lb deviation before the fall-off at 5250 and Jims only deviates about 5 or 6 ft/lbs. Also Mega's example has a 10lb tq RISE at the beginning and Jim's actually has some TQ DIP early on.

Also, Mega's example is about 10 HP and TQ BELOW Jim's overall. A guy's build tends to get more "squirrelly" as he goes into the triple-digit range because they are trying to hit that "milestone" but don't have a great component-match going on which results in larger dips or rises in the TQ line (like mine - which has a large TQ "hill" that exists between 3K to 5K rpm and dramatically lower power before and after those RPM because of my pipes.)

Not nit-picking here dudes - it's just that the devil truly is in the details often when talking tuning... Jim's chart REALLY IS remarkably flat and right on that triple-digit sweet spot with a 95" build. Guess we gotta wait till he coughs up that build info! By the way, Mega's is a fine-looking dyno run for sure and I always appreciate when you pipe in on the technical threads too man.

Cheers and regards...:beer4u:
Mine's not as far below his as you think. My numbers are SAE, his are STD.
I'm also interested in what gear that run was done in. :D

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Did he get to Sturgis any faster? Oh yeah, the trailer goes as fast as the truck.:whistle:

Thorns

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
TXCHOP said:
http://www.cycle-rama.com/index.html
TWIN CAM HI VELOCITY HI FLOW CNC PORTED HEADS
2.0 Inch Stainless Steel Hi Flow Intake Valves
1.570 Inch Stainless Steel Hi Flow Exhaust Valves
Bronze Alloy Valve Guides Precision Honed To Size
Pro Valve Spring Kit With Titanium Retainers
Radius Angle Valve Job
Set Installed Valve Spring Height & Valve To Valve Clearance
CC Combustion Chamber & Mill To Desired Compression Ratio
95 Inch Forged Piston Kit
Performance Top End Gasket Kit
Complete Gear Drive Cam Kit
Performance Lifters
Adjustable Push Rods & Tubes
Roller Rocker Arms
Performance Programmable Ignition Module
Cylinders Are Torque Plated, Precision Bored " Honed To 95 Inches " Set Ring End Gap
Price $3224.00

from their website if thats the same kit.........nice nubers anyway.....
Does anyone know about this package? is it a good deal or not.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Do you have a link for them???

·
Registered
755 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Mine's not as far below his as you think. My numbers are SAE, his are STD.
I'm also interested in what gear that run was done in. :D
Good point Dave. I was talking about "details" and missed that one. :duh?:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Fire4Effect said:
Good point Dave. I was talking about "details" and missed that one. :duh?:
But I did look at a chart of mine in the same "resolution" as his, and you're right. Not near as flat as his... :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts