V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to upgrade my current TC88 jugs to 95." I've talked to Bean who will be doing my head work and he advises that he would rather do the work prior to diamond cutting and powder coating the heads. What about the jugs? After they're bored, will the high temperature cure of the powder coat affect the roundness of the jugs? What do the folks who diamond cut the heads and jugs recommend?

Also, can anybody recommend someone local to the Balto. MD area who bores cylinders and fits them with SE cast pistons? Would rather stay with someone fairly local if possible.

Thanks,
DLR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zippers, That'll Work!

Thanks for the Zippers info. I knew they were nearby, but didn't realize that close. Thanks.
DLR

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DLRVelocity1 said:
I've decided to upgrade my current TC88 jugs to 95." I've talked to Bean who will be doing my head work and he advises that he would rather do the work prior to diamond cutting and powder coating the heads. What about the jugs? After they're bored, will the high temperature cure of the powder coat affect the roundness of the jugs? What do the folks who diamond cut the heads and jugs recommend?

Also, can anybody recommend someone local to the Balto. MD area who bores cylinders and fits them with SE cast pistons? Would rather stay with someone fairly local if possible.

Thanks,
DLR
Can the stock jugs be bored out to 98"?? Are the 3 extra c.i. worth it over the standard 95"? :hmmm:

·
Banned
128 Posts
DLRVelocity1 said:
Can the stock jugs be bored out to 98"?? Are the 3 extra c.i. worth it over the standard 95"? :hmmm:
No. Stock cylinder jugs are a 2 piece design and can be bored out to 95" maximum. The 98" kits use a 1 piece design with a nickel silicon lining.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
"What about the jugs? After they're bored, will the high temperature cure of the powder coat affect the roundness of the jugs? What do the folks who diamond cut the heads and jugs recommend?"

JK From Zipper's here. Absolutely get the powdercoating and diamond cutting done before the cylinder bores are finished. The heat from the powdercoating will distort the bore. Use a powdercoater who specializes in H-D engine parts such as DGM (215-331-0960, Philly), Colorlife (516-433-1222, NY) or Sumax (315-768-1058, NY), and you'll have no problems. JK

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I have done bunches of the diamond cut cylinders. THey look flashy but Ihave not seen any extra cooling effect as they claim. I did become a dealer for them and the work is nice. I had one problem where they damaged a cylinder but did replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts