V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 RK Custom, and I am contemplating a 95 build. I am considering SE Performance heads (cleaned up) 10.5 to 1 domed pistons, se 257 cam. I am running a thunderheader and PCIII. Any comments?

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
VB05Custom said:
I have an 05 RK Custom, and I am contemplating a 95 build. I am considering SE Performance heads (cleaned up) 10.5 to 1 domed pistons, se 257 cam. I am running a thunderheader and PCIII. Any comments?
I am going to have a standardized answer to builds I think.

IMHO and if I was to do it again here is what I would do:
Heads off to porter of your choice, 98" jugs, flat top cast 9.7:1 pistons, 37G cam, and a EFI tunning device of your choice, and a good 2-1, Thunder Header, V&H ProPipe, LSR-2.

It would be a solid, long lived, tried and true build.

Me, Dewey to port your stock heads, HDWRENCH for the 98" kit and cam, Doc to tune it, you would have one kick butt ride then. For what you would save on the SE head purchase, not needing roller rockers, and the 98" pricing with cams you would be very little over budget.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Definately if you can afford it, do what LAF said. If you are set on the SE heads, go with flatops for a 10:1 compression ratio and use the TW-37 or S&S 570 or woods TW5 cams.

If you are going to go with 10.5 compression, make sure you get a cam made for it, so you aren't exposing yourself to ping problems.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
@gree: Couldn't agree more with both of the above. You'd be hard-pressed to find better performance bang for the buck or a more reliable, tried-and-true build. Plenty of pople here have it - you might pm some. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts