V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 95" build with the 203 cams worth doing? I want to maintain my factory warranty, The bike is brand new, I haven't even picked it up yet.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
More displacement and more power is always a good thing. If you dealear will honor the warranty and you have the bucks, go for it. You will need pipes and a breather kit to make it all work together.
Good luck and ride safe.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
I sent an e-mail to the General Manager of my dealer with this exact question, 95" Stage II. I will keep you all updated.

And, is it worth it? How about............YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!, in my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Harley Dealers are spread out here in Idaho, so any work will be done by my local shop that I purchased it at anyway. I already purchased the kit, along with V&H Big Shots Staggered pipes (with the crossover), and the 95" kit comes with the Screamin' Eagle air cleaner. I also am having them install the race tuner, and they will tune it on their dyno once I get some miles on it. Should be able to bring it home in a couple weeks, hopefully.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Since you already decided, why did you ask?:whatever:
Good luck with your new ride and enjoy it.:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
HD will warrenty any bike that follows their "legal kits". You can even go to a 103 IF you stay with the EXACT parts list noted for YOUR BIKE and YEAR.
:chopper:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LittleBear said:
Since you already decided, why did you ask?:whatever:
Good luck with your new ride and enjoy it.:beer:
They are ordering the parts today, it's not too late to change my mind if it's a waste of money.

·
Cheesehead
262 Posts
Harley will warranty there street legal kit's when installed correctly. The stage 1 requires the stock exhaust stay intact and installation by an HD dealer, the stage 2 comes with replacement muffler(s) that must be used. The Race tuner is not street legal. Anything with crossed flags is not street legal and voids the warranty.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emphasized to their parts man that I needed to stay with the warranty. He admitted that the V&H pipes weren't allowed, but if they installed them, they would honor the warranty.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
95" kit with 203 cams only, is what he said. I'd probably pick the Andrews 37G if I could, though. Also, stock heads only. 2006 Deuce, brand new, off the showroom floor. I didn't start it, or even bring it home. Straight back to the shop for a boob job. Oops, I meant bigger jugs and pistons......

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SEDELUXE05 said:
sledman i could be wrong about this if you go with the 37g its going to like to breath a little better than stock heads will let it. dont spend your money twice the power is in the heads. if you go 203 or 37 now if you get better heads later you might want a diffrent cam. also i would recomend 3:37 gearing that will make a big diffrence. you could do that your self. also how are they going to tune the bike? that is a question you should ask next.
Can't go with the 37G cams or different heads if I want to retain my warranty, which I do. They are installing the race tuner, and they are going to dyno tune it after i get some miles on it.

I also bought the extended warranty, which I can still cancel if I choose. Not sure if the extended warranty is a smart idea or not at this point.......

·
Cheesehead
262 Posts
sledman said:
Can't go with the 37G cams or different heads if I want to retain my warranty, which I do. They are installing the race tuner
They just voided your warranty!

Anything with crossed flags voids the warranty!

Your dealer will promise coverage at his dealership. He has no authority anywhere else. Ask him to put it in writing your guaranteed coverage nationwide and watch him dance.

Sledman, do as you wish partner, roll the dice anyway you desire. But you asked for the no schitt low down on warranty. Call HD customer service and talk to the warranty people. Ask them for the cut and dried by the book answer. I asked if I could run the 65259-00 Touring Muffler with the 29773-02B Stage 1 EFI kit and they stated NO. I said but the touring muffler is 49 state street legal. They stated only on completely stock bikes. They suggested I re-read the description on the EFI kit and pay particular attention to the sentence "Street legal when used with stock mufflers". Then re-read the "Warranty and Caution Information" paying close attention the the statement "Installation of Screamin' Eagle Products, and similar products from other manufacturers, except some street legal offerings installed by authorized Harley dealers, may affect your H-D limited vehicle warranty."

If you want complete peace of mind a thousand miles from home when your engine eat's a cam chain tensioner you have very little you can do to the bike other than load her up with chrome. That's the no schitt down and dirty answer.

Now let's hear from all of those that "got away with it". It's great to hear the dealerships will bend the rules but murphy lives on my dashboard and I won't chance it.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the only two things that would officially void the warranty now are the V&H pipes and the tuner. I guess I could always just go with the download instead of the tuner, the pipes I'm not to worried about. In the catalog, the 95" kit with the cams had the green stoplight, if I'm not mistaken.........

·
Registered
103 Posts
absolutely ditto to what UNYALLI voiced!! pay attention to the crossed flag parts, even though they are h-d catologued. the dealer told me that it was the warrantied stage2 kit, but upon closer investigation through competetive dealer shopping, i discovered what unyalli posted is fact. crossed flags indicates high performance/drag upgrades. the dealer is now saying............well, ah, yeah, but, hmmmm, gee, i ahh........... He is on the blower to the other shop tonight and they will be discussing what h-d policy is. i will have the deciding answer tomorrow and how it affects my $2010 canadian peso 7 year warranty. this should be good. the vance and hines voids the warranty, but i will roll the dice on that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
heard back from both dealers...................one will not honour and the other, where i bought says that when it is a combination of all h-d cross flagged parts in the 95 it will be honoured not only by his shop, but internationally. but not with the vance and hines. he has already faxed me a warranty confirmation with the listed parts. he is insisting on se pipes though. damn.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
With the build you are talking about, you won't have any problems. The Race tuner (properly tuned) will not void a warranty.

·
Cheesehead
262 Posts
bc_hombre said:
heard back from both dealers...................one will not honour and the other, where i bought says that when it is a combination of all h-d cross flagged parts in the 95 it will be honoured not only by his shop, but internationally. but not with the vance and hines. he has already faxed me a warranty confirmation with the listed parts. he is insisting on se pipes though. damn.
See what I'm saying BC? Isn't this interesting? You have one privately owned dealership stating they won't warranty it and another stating that not only will he warranty it but the guy that said he won't actually will, and he sent you a paper stating this. I wonder if this other guy, the one that said no, knows this. What's the chance you got a scanner as well as a fax machine? I'd like to see this "warranty confirmation" as he calls it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
May want to look at my thread here.
It appears to me the MoCo and some Stealers don’t want to stand behind there products and will do anything to get out of warranty work. My understanding from all this is all Screaming Eagle products are not covered under warranty, and any aftermarket parts will void your warranty. My best advise to you is have the owner of the dealership look you in the eye and tell you he is going to fix your bike if there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
sledman said:
Is the 95" build with the 203 cams worth doing? I want to maintain my factory warranty, The bike is brand new, I haven't even picked it up yet.
Get the bike and ride it a while to figure out it you need the power before you go worrying about builds and warranty coverage.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've ridden enough of them.............I NEED it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts