V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided I'd take Doc's advice while it was in to track down an annoying noise anyway, and throw on some Samson Rolled Thunder slip-ons.
I'll let y'all know (as soon as I know) the results. Hopefully they will provide the 10 ft/lb of torque and the 10 HP I'm missing. Currently at 90/86.

On another note, after my build, the wrench discovered on some subsequent installations that the SE exhaust gaskets usually do NOT provide a good seal w/ the Rineharts and V&H Dresser Duals, so we're hoping that is the source of the noise we are having a hard time tracking down (thanks to Doc again for steering us in that direction). Even if going back to the stock exhaust gaskets doesn't get rid of my noise, he'll stay on it until we find out what it is.
Thought the info might help some of the rest of you when you install duals, though.
Forewarned is foreskinned, or, um, something like that...

·
OBSESSED
1,070 Posts
Dave I also have the Dresser Duals but with SE slip ons. I am planning the
98" kit from Hdwrench. Steve wants me to get rid of the Duals and go back
to the stock header pipe with the slip ons. I know I will lose about 10/10
too. I'll be very interested in how you make out because I don't want to give up the Duals either. Good luck!

WHE YOU THINK YOUR IN CONTROL YOUR NOT GOIN' FAST ENOUGH!!!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I amnot a fanof the SE gasket most pipes donot seal up with them, as for the duals when I see them make the good bottom end without the tq dip I will use them until then ...... BUT plese use them and lets see how "your" set up works. Hard to beat a stock head pipe and SE slip ons for ease on the wallet and perfromance.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Power loss with duals

I too have V&H Dresser duals. Had them installed in Sturgis this year and love the look,sound and right side heat reduction. I did notice a loss in bottom end though. Lucky for me I'm running Supertrapp 4" Megs. All I had to do was yank out a couple of disc and I got back what I lost. Only Stage 1 right now but with SE204s I bought from HDWrench and headwork from Bean at Big Boyz all that is about to change.:thumbsup:

·
OBSESSED
1,070 Posts
Not much of a dip but ten pounds higher:hmmm:

OUT OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!!!

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, where I'm missing it is at the top, where the V&H Basic slip-ons are choking. Look at the RPM and Tq numbers at 2k...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts