V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone done a 95' Build on the new 2006 Dyna's?

I am getting a Street Bob in a month and plan on doing a 95' kit and was wondering what others have done so far with the Closed Loop System.
I have NEVER owned a EFI bike so needless to say I am trying to learn as much as possible about the Closed Loop system.

ANY and ALL recommendations on a build are appreciated.

I'm aiming for a bike that has over a 100 TQ and 90-100 HP without going higher than 10.1 compression.

My goal is a bike that has good torque and won't be unreliable as it's my daily ride.

I just got rid of a custom bike and haven't been in touch with HD performance for over 2 yrs. So I need ideas on options and I have used the SEARCH on this site and WHOA there is a ALOT of info. on this subject.

My Build idea:
Heads
Cams (Woods 6H, TW 37, ????)
Cylinders bored to 95
Pistons SE Flat Tops
SERT
ThunderHeader (Love this pipe and it comes w/O2 sensors for the Street Bob)
SE Air Cleaner

Any ideas, suggestions, comments, experiences GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Bry

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep the CR around 9.8-10:1 and go with the Wood TW-6. I achieved 105+ ft/lbs and 97+ HP with just a little head work. Use the .03 cometic HG. You should have no problem reaching your goal.

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RoadGlide05inMD said:
Keep the CR around 9.8-10:1 and go with the Wood TW-6. I achieved 105+ ft/lbs and 97+ HP with just a little head work. Use the .03 cometic HG. You should have no problem reaching your goal.
Thanks RoadGlide for the info. That helps ALOT. The thing I am most concerned with is the new Closed Loop Fuel Injection system. I believe that in order to have the maximum tunabilty to my build I will need to use the SE Race Tuner.
Luckily, Springer created a KICK A$$ post on using the SERT that I have printed along with the PDF files.

Thanks again for the input.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I am not sure if the cams are ready for that yet. The cam plate is not the same. I spoke with Andrews last week and they where working on them, And Bobby has not siad that his are ready either so you may have to wait a bit or use SE cams.

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HDWRENCH said:
I am not sure if the cams are ready for that yet. The cam plate is not the same. I spoke with Andrews last week and they where working on them, And Bobby has not siad that his are ready either so you may have to wait a bit or use SE cams.
UUUGGHHH!

I was afraid of that,hopefully they will be done before spring. I'd like to have it done this winter.
Thanks for the info. HDWRENCH

·
Registered
780 Posts
I also talked to John Andrews and they changed the cams on the dyna's. They bought a new 2006 dyna and they want me to do the heads on it. They have a hydraulic chain tensioner and a different chain.

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SILVER BULLET said:
I also talked to John Andrews and they changed the cams on the dyna's. They bought a new 2006 dyna and they want me to do the heads on it. They have a hydraulic chain tensioner and a different chain.
When do you plan on doing this?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am doing a set of 2006 heads right now. Going with the bigger intake valves,just like the 2005 heads .John said he will send them in a few weeks. I am in his catalog ! May DOC be with you !

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RoadGlide05inMD said:
RoadGlide,
Did you use the TW-6 or the TW-6H?

Also what is your complete build?

Thanks,
brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
bporcelli said:
RoadGlide,
Did you use the TW-6 or the TW-6H?

Also what is your complete build?

Thanks,
brian
My dyno is in the dyno section for your review.

Stock heads 5 angle valve job, cleaned up and
shaved for a final 9.8:1
Bored out my cylinders to 95" with Wiseco flat top pistons
Cometic .03 HG
Wood tw-6g cams (low lift...bolt on)
SE breather
White Bros. E-Series
PC III usb

·
Registered
780 Posts
There are alot of dyno's making 97 hp and 105 tq. with the Andrews 37G cams on Dewey's web site. When you use his heads,he will sell you the cams for about cost ! $500 gear drive

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
One other issue with the 06's is that you need to keep the overlap, lift, and duration on the cam down as with the EFI's the injectors have come down in size again for 2006 and for siamese throttle bodies, good flowing heads (more air), and good scavenging pipes; the high RPM range has the bigger builds falling on their proverbial faces in the upper band because of the more limited duty cycle of the injectors. However the TW6 is good to go on a 95" with a 2006. Did one with head work and Propipe 99.3 HP 107.9 TQ. With a set of Bassani Prostreets on the same bike (2-2) 101.5HP 105.8 TQ. Duty cycle hit the limit right around 6K and MAP dropped off at around 5700. Something for you 06ers with Xmas mods on your mind to factor in if going over anything but a fairly normal street build on a 95". Santa should be carrying larger injectors and TB's in his bag for you.
FYI

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GRock said:
One other issue with the 06's is that you need to keep the overlap, lift, and duration on the cam down as with the EFI's the injectors have come down in size again for 2006 and for siamese throttle bodies, good flowing heads (more air), and good scavenging pipes; the high RPM range has the bigger builds falling on their proverbial faces in the upper band because of the more limited duty cycle of the injectors. However the TW6 is good to go on a 95" with a 2006. Did one with head work and Propipe 99.3 HP 107.9 TQ. With a set of Bassani Prostreets on the same bike (2-2) 101.5HP 105.8 TQ. Duty cycle hit the limit right around 6K and MAP dropped off at around 5700. Something for you 06ers with Xmas mods on your mind to factor in if going over anything but a fairly normal street build on a 95". Santa should be carrying larger injectors and TB's in his bag for you.
FYI
GROCK,
Thats awesome info to know.

What was the actual build specs? (compression, pistons used, other components,etc)

I am leaning toward the following build:

Heads- worked for desired compression
Cylinders bored to 95 inches
Woods TW-6G (Don't know if the +2 or 4 advance key is needed)
SE Flat Top Pistons (I want to keep the compression between 9.5:1-10:1)
Cometic .030 head gasket
SERT
ThunderHeader (Have had great results in the past and has o2 sensors in it)
SE Air Cleaner
SE Adjustable push rods

I think this build will serve the purpose I desire. Which is a fun, reliable ride that I can ride like hell. The goal is to keep the $$$ down as I hear divorce lawyers are expensive and this will be bike 6 in 8 years ;-)

Do you agree?

Again thanks everyone for great information.

Regards,
Brian

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RoadGlide05inMD said:
My dyno is in the dyno section for your review.

Stock heads 5 angle valve job, cleaned up and
shaved for a final 9.8:1
Bored out my cylinders to 95" with Wiseco flat top pistons
Cometic .03 HG
Wood tw-6g cams (low lift...bolt on)
SE breather
White Bros. E-Series
PC III usb

RoadGlide,
Checked out your Dyno sheet.
That hits the nail on the head as to what I strive for.
Must be fun.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
bporcelli said:
GROCK,
Thats awesome info to know.

What was the actual build specs? (compression, pistons used, other components,etc)

I am leaning toward the following build:

Heads- worked for desired compression
Cylinders bored to 95 inches
Woods TW-6G (Don't know if the +2 or 4 advance key is needed)
SE Flat Top Pistons (I want to keep the compression between 9.5:1-10:1)
Cometic .030 head gasket
SERT
ThunderHeader (Have had great results in the past and has o2 sensors in it)
SE Air Cleaner
SE Adjustable push rods

I think this build will serve the purpose I desire. Which is a fun, reliable ride that I can ride like hell. The goal is to keep the $$$ down as I hear divorce lawyers are expensive and this will be bike 6 in 8 years ;-)

Do you agree?

Again thanks everyone for great information.

Regards,
Brian
Headwork comes in real handy with the TW6. Need to have a good porter do his thing for optimum results, not just worked for compression.

This build had well rediused 1.90 intake and 1.590 exhaust, balanced combustion chambers that came to 83cc's
JE flat top 0 deck pistons, TW6G cam w/ +2 cam advance, just shy of 10 to 1 compression, stock lifters, Baisley oil spring, SERT tuned EFI, and pipes as listed above (Propipe had slightly modified baffles).

One more bit of advice, be SURE that the tuner knows how to tune for front and rear cylinder as the T-Header has a tendency to over-scavenge on the front jug, although with the lower lift and mild overlap of the TW6 you shouldn't get too far out of whack. But idle gets a little difficult and you leave power on the table if you do not trim out front and rear cylinders separately.
Merry Xmas

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
There are alot of dyno's making 97 hp and 105 tq. with the Andrews 37G cams on Dewey's web site. When you use his heads,he will sell you the cams for about cost ! $500 gear drive
So, you know this Dewey guy pretty well? Whose heads are the best, yours or his?
RB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts