V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've talked to Dewey and have a build plan in mind but I just need to iron out the details of what tools I may need to do this myself. I've got the cylinders/pistons coming and when I get ready I'll tear down and send the heads to Dewey. The build will be SE big bore cyls, SE cast flat top pistons, Dewey's pro street porting, Andrews 37G cams. Dewey is supplying all gaskets and parts for the cams(gear drives, install kit) but will I need new lifters and push rods? I know I should ask Dewey but I took up quite a bit of his time on the phone already and anything I can take care of ahead of time I will. I have a fairly complete set of tools except for a bearing puller and ???? I don't know what other specialty tools I may need.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt........

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
jasilva said:
Okay, so I've talked to Dewey and have a build plan in mind but I just need to iron out the details of what tools I may need to do this myself. I've got the cylinders/pistons coming and when I get ready I'll tear down and send the heads to Dewey. The build will be SE big bore cyls, SE cast flat top pistons, Dewey's pro street porting, Andrews 37G cams. Dewey is supplying all gaskets and parts for the cams(gear drives, install kit) but will I need new lifters and push rods? I know I should ask Dewey but I took up quite a bit of his time on the phone already and anything I can take care of ahead of time I will. I have a fairly complete set of tools except for a bearing puller and ???? I don't know what other specialty tools I may need.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe,
I ran exactly the same set up with new stock B-lifters and the Baisley LM002 spring to kick up the pressure a little bit. As to the pushrods, my Indie shop told me the combo would work with the stock pushrods, but marginally with very little free play left (heads milled 0.05 I believe with Cometic 0.03). I put Andres easy fit in there. Easier on later checks and changes........
Check Harleyhogs website on some tips and tricks for a gear drive conversion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts