V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the Northeast it's a balmy 23 degrees. Finished the bike a few hours ago. Couldn't resist. Rode almost 15 miles. With the 3.37 gearing what a difference!! Followed the standard break in procedure. Warm up, then ride it. No more than 4k in 2-3-4th gears. No lugging. Man, you better be holding on to it now! When I got back in, I noticed I had a coat of oil all down the right side of the bike. Looks like it came from the oil filter. I couldn't get it more than snug by handm as I'm running a Jag fitting for a cooler. Put the wrench on it and got almost 2 turns on it. No signs of leaks from anywhere else. I would recommend this combo to anyone that wants that "little something extra" when you want to roll on the throttle.

Will run it about another 15 miles, (same break in procedure guidelines), then dump the oil and filter. Will run it another 50-75 miles and then change the oil again. Hope to put about a thousand on it and then one last oil and filter change before I resurme regular intervals.

Oh, and I bought and used the new "COR's device that cleans the old oil out of the sump. Worth the $20. Worked great!

As soon as I regain the feeling in my hands and the temp. warms a bit, I'll ride it some more. Had to share this. Love it when everything works out the way you had hoped.
?prty:
DLR

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Good to hear it up and running.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the cudos, guys.. Can't wait till it's broke in. Its got some giddy-up you can feel..

The "CORS" device is a Contaminated Oil Removal System.., "CORS." It works on both EVO's and TC's. Screws on to the oil filter fitting, (after you refill the oil bag). You start the bike for 10-15 seconds and run it, till you see the oil change over from dirty to clean. It's made of clear plastic so you can see the change when it occurs. Basically, it's designed to get the oil that normally remains in the sump, out. I wanted a clean out at 9400 miles, plus I wanted the balance of synthetic oil out so I could run all dino oil for break-in.

Their website is:2armcyclestore.com.

DLR

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Oh, and I bought and used the new "COR's device that cleans the old oil out of the sump. Worth the $20. Worked great!
I just pull the drain plug at the bottom of the case. That get almost all of it out. Just my -2$en#e-

:whatever:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts