V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered 95" se stage ll kit for 06 eg standard. Having 211 cams put in it and a D&D fatcat exhaust with the performance baffle. Does anyone have this configuration or close to it. I would like some input on how it will run and sound.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
keesler said:
Just ordered 95" se stage ll kit for 06 eg standard. Having 211 cams put in it and a D&D fatcat exhaust with the performance baffle. Does anyone have this configuration or close to it. I would like some input on how it will run and sound.
I might be off in left field but aren't the 211 cams meant for higher compression than what comes with the vanilla stage 2 kit? I'm sure the folks in the know will check in, you might want to choose either more compression or somthing like the 204 cam if you want to stick with SE stuff.

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<Just ordered 95" se stage ll kit for 06 eg standard. Having 211 cams put in it and a D&D fatcat exhaust with the performance baffle. Does anyone have this configuration or close to it. I would like some input on how it will run and sound.>>

IMHO, you are not going to happy at all unless you only run your bike from 4000-rev limit. The se211 cam needs 10.25-10.5:1 cr to work well down low. If your dealer is NOT milling the heads and NOT using a thinner cometic hg (typical) you will be at 9:1 cr. Also the performance baffle on the fatcat for a build like yours will be way softer on the bottom and not much better on top.

Now if you use the cast 10.25:1 pistons, .040 cometic hg and std baffle in fatcat then it will run pretty good.

The performance baffle is quite a bit louder than the std baffle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 211 cams are what the dealer rec. I liked the looks of the fatcat but chose the baffle to make sure it would'nt be week sounding. thanks for the tips

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
keesler said:
I liked the looks of the fatcat but chose the baffle to make sure it would'nt be week sounding.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to the Fatcat as "weak sounding"...

·
Registered
141 Posts
keesler said:
The 211 cams are what the dealer rec. I liked the looks of the fatcat but chose the baffle to make sure it would'nt be week sounding. thanks for the tips
Keesler trust me on this one, the standard baffle is anything but weak sounding.

·
Registered
71 Posts
run 211 cams in my 95, but have heads, pistons and 10.5-1. Runs good throughout range, but if I switch to gear driven cams, I would probably pick a cam with specs to give me even more low end power. If sticking w/s.e. cams, check specs on 204 cam. Without higher comp, you will be real weak in low rpm range.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
You will have to run from 4,000 RPM & above to get any benefit from the SE 211 cams, not to mention the need for high compression pistons. From the Screaming Eagle PRO Racing catalog:...211 cams are best suited to added compression & offer good mid-to-top-end power, a good match for the HTCC heads...." I do not know your riding style but if you are constantly at 4,000 rpm & above, that is some serious scooting on an EG.
When researching for my 95" build I asked about the 211 & 257 cams & was told that for my type of riding not practical, both performed better at high rpm,the 257 would need high compression everything including $$$$.
Of course my opinion & everyone has one just like everyone has a poop hole.

2006 ULTRA 95" BB, 204 cams, stock heads, SE Race Fueler (probably a mistake), V&H true duals, V&H oval mufflers. This set up is mild, cost effective & gives me plenty of low to mid range torque. Mostly 2up highway cruising, but does pretty good around town & stop light to stop light.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
keesler said:
You will be happier with a 204...see if they will let you switch. You won't be sorry. Better yet...go with the Andrews 21, 26, or 37 in a gear drive configuration.-2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
-2$en#e- CANCEL YOUR ORDER PLEASE! You're not going to be happy with the SE-211 unless you set it up with at least 10.25:1 Compression. Look at my dyno post with the SE 257, that's with SE Performance heads. Your curve will be similar with the 211 and stock heads with flat top pistons. Look at where the power comes in...at least 3500 RPM's. There are plenty of posts in this forum's dyno section and on Harley Tech talk with the 211 and people aren't always tickled with it. Here's a link to a dyno run with the power you can expect with stock heads and flat tops. Peaks are ok but look where the powere band is.

http://www.msnusers.com/harleytechtalk/msgattachments/42448

If you do it, go with the forged 10.25:1 pistons like this guy did. Remember don't expect to be quite this high as it is a 5th gear run dyno and most use a 4th gear run for comparison.

http://groups.msn.com/harleytechtal...ssage=855319&LastModified=4675561815792086988

·
Registered
62 Posts
95" 211 Cams

I have a 95" with stock heads and 211's. Running Reinhart duels and a SERT. My dealer recommended them as well, since I did not want to spend the extra on head work. Bike was dyno tuned with this setup.
I have been very happy with them. Power kicks in around 2500 rpm, but it really felt around 3000. I carry a passenger quite often and don't encounter having to down shift anymore than before on hills or anywhere else.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Ah, but the goal on a bagger, at least, is to have to downshift less.
Like 2-up and loaded loafing along uphill at 2k in 5th and just rolling it on and passing that truck.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
No offense brother, but I'd like to see the dyno print out on that one. 2500 rpm's is a stretch for that cam...especially with the Rineharts. (Incidently, I run the Rineharts and won't use anything else, but they're not known for low end power gains especially with 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" baffles).

·
Registered
917 Posts
<<I have a 95" with stock heads and 211's.>>

What pistons?

The se211 with se 10.25 cast pistons, stock heads and cometic .040 is a great build. I have done two for friends and they were 92hp and 103tq. Tq peak is around 3800.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice

It looks I will haft to go with the build they started. This forum did give me a bunch of questions for the service tech. It sounds like I chose the right pipes MILDLY OFFENSIVE!! As for the build I will haft to see? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I had the 211a with ported heads and 10:1 compression on a Night Train and I went around folks on Stage 1 Twinkies like they were sitting still. But the heads were ported and set up for the cams. I think they had 80 cc chambers, were decked .040 and I ran a cometic .030 to get compression up. Bike was very fast.

If I were sticking to stock heads and a 95", I would go Andrews 26G. I would still use the .030 head gasket for a little more comp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
95" 211 Cams

I looked at my dyno print out and power does come on quick around 2500 rpm, but does not peak until the 3500 to 4500 rpm area. It's a slower climb to peak torque from about 2700 to 3500 rpms than prior to the cams, but went quite a bit higher from stock 85 lbs to 96 ft pds.

I do realize it's more of a mid to upper range cam, but that's what I was looking for. Your correct in stating the loss of low end torque with the Rienharts, but I love the sound and overall performance.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Amen to the Rineharts glen. Is your dyno posted in the forum?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts