V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. After this years riding season is done i want to swap my 94 eg ultra front forks and fairing inner and outer to that of a 96 eg. I just like the looks of the inner fairing with the seperate gauges and the bigger speaker pods much better, also it seems the aftermarket companies don't have many parts choices for these anymore. I plan to go with the dakota digital six pack for gauges, and will probley reuse the stereo i have now. If any one has done this or has any pointers or roadblocks they could think of please pass them along. I am really looking forward to this swap and will for sure keep you all updated with pictures. Also could you guys recommend a true dual exhaust right know i have just a stock evo 80 but was considering upgrading to the edelbrock pro performer kit which i think is around 75hp and 89 ft.lbs of tourqe for around 900 dollars. Any help in this area would be great also.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Maybe you're real attached to your '94,I don't know but I'd consider selling it and buying a '96 or later and save yourself some time and money.
The value should be about the same and with a little luck you might find one with the engine upgrades or exhaust already done.:corn:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the bike from the insurance company very cheap under 1500 and rebuilt the front end. I considered at the time doing the swap but didn't. I now what i have know as far as the engine trans primary etc...If i sell it and buy someone elses bike i don't know what im getting and im back at square one where i was with this bike. Trust me i have considered selling this bike and buying another one but i love to do this kind of work and well in michigan we have about 5 months when we can't ride so it gives me a nice winter project. Also this is the best why for one to learn their bikes so you don't have to run to a stealer everytime it breaks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Me too

I own a 1990 FLHTC, I too want to change to the new style, you can't buy anything for the old style. I have already purchased new handle bars, switches and controls for 96 up. I would be interested in sharing info with you. TD

·
Registered
404 Posts
Inner fairings and outer fairings for 96 and up are cheap on Ebay.
Get the manual with the schematics. You'll need it to rewire the gages for the grounds, acc leads, etc..

The forks will slide right into your existing triple trees.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fxrflh said:
Inner fairings and outer fairings for 96 and up are cheap on Ebay.
Get the manual with the schematics. You'll need it to rewire the gages for the grounds, acc leads, etc..

The forks will slide right into your existing triple trees.
I have noticed in some of the books that the forks are the same from 84 to 99 is this true? On the moco web site i know the lower sliders are the same p/n for these years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts