V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody so I just did a wheel swap on my 94 Fatboy to the solid Wheels I'm pretty sure I got it right my rear wheel has both the small spacers that plug into the timken bearing and the one big spacer on the belt side cause the brake caliper serves as the spacer on the rotor side does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank u for the specs brother it's been a pain with this wheel swap the brake caliper isn't lining up even on the rotor but with pm brakes u almost always have to use shims but other than that looks like I got it right thanks again

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Hey everybody so I just did a wheel swap on my 94 Fatboy to the solid Wheels
A swap to the solid wheels?

The Fatboy came from the factory with solid wheels...

What wheels were on the bike?

On OEM rear wheels, evo era spoke and solid wheels use the same spacer configuration.

Two 43654-86 (.750") spacers (one on each side).

One 41595-86 spacer on left side (1.230").

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
As already said,, the wheel spacers are the same... andz as already said,,, fsrboy's came with solid wheels,, you mention PM brake caliper? Sometimes PM brake brackets require other than factory spacers,, and are generally supplied,, or readily available,z, shims are supplied to center the calipers over the rotor for correct brake performance...
This is an easy solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It had after market tri ad or 3 spoke style mags made by pm I believe same type of timken bearing as the solids I just went and got the pm shim kit for the caliper just needed to double check I had the spacers In the right spot with the small one on each side that plug into the bearing and the one long one on the belt side
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fluid Alloy wheel Motor vehicle
see

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the ones I was running I believe there are by pm but not sure if anybody can identify these that would be awesome as I'm trying to find another set of this style

·
Registered
80 Posts
Never knew anyone didn't have a machine shop nearby to make what you need.
Make your own, you'll be fine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I jacked it up took the rear wheel off double checked the spacers made sure they were the same ones I took off made sure they were in the right place put it back together the rotors still riding close to the outside of caliper but it spins free until I put torque on it then it tries to freeze up on me I don't get it I did the wheel swap but both sets were timken bearings so the old spacers should still work right? I just don't get what I'm missing here

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took off an aftermarket set pictured above off my 94 Fatboy and put a stock set of solids off a 97 Fatboy so everything including spacers should be the same right? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Don`t assume the spacers used for the aftermarket wheels will work for the OEM Fat Boy wheels.

I gave the part number and size spacers needed for Rear OEM Fatboy wheels in post # 4.

On the front, there is a spacer on the right side: 43657-89 (1.00").

The left side front spacer is the speedometer drive unit.

Don`t forget to set the bearing end play in accordance with the factory service manual.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok that's where I went wrong the front wheel spacers worked fine but I'm thinking the back one is different I used a mic on the rear spacer and it is not the measurement u gave me for the oem spacer I'm kinda new to the whole mechanic part been riding my whole life but just got to a point where I need to stop calling brothers and start learning how to fix my bike the measurements u gave me for the one long rear I don't understand that's inches correct? And not sure how to check the end play

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update been down sick the last few days so I haven't got any work done but with all this thinking time I believe I figured out my problem I believe it's my brake rotor the solid Wheels I put on came with 2 piece floating rotors had to swap out the front one because it wouldn't work with my pm caliper can't believe I over looked that on the back so soon as I feel a little better I'll post the outcome thank u guys for all the A1 advice it always comes through for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts