V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend owns a 93 Ultra who has had the bike in the local HD dealership for over 5 months this summer with no repair. The radio, CB, and intercom work intermittently. Sometimes the engine is heard over the radio. He has written me a letter asking me to repair his bike but my love is mechanical not electrical. Having said that are there any riders out there with this bike that have experienced this problem that would be willing to impart their knowledge of what they have found. If so I would sure be greatful.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
the bike sat all summer cause the radio didn't work?i don't know what to do too fix it but if it was me,i'd leave the radio off and ride it.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He always rides with his wife and they enjoy being able to communicate and listen to tunes while they put the miles on. To each his own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a guess ,but the engine noise interference sounds like he has a ground that is not making good contact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1992 EG

I have found that I have had to replace all the plug connectors in the fairing. As time goes on they seem to loose there connection and I was having trouble with all my running lights and my radio. I bet you that if you look in the plug connectors you will see a lot of corrosion.

That's my belief......

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts