V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 93 electra glide sport police bike.want to change the front end over to a road king style front headlight ( nacelle) and mount a tach on the handle bar cover.will this work. thanks pat

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yep. It's doable. J&P sells the Nacelle kit in Aluminum or Chrome as well as the bar mounted Tach.

I strongly suggest you get a Factory manual. You'll need it for the wiring diagrams.

Bottom line, the horn, turnsignal module, headlight, spotlamp and engine start and kill circuit grounds will be a direct crossover into the Nacelle.

The Speedo, Tach, turnsignal indicator lights, nuetral light and whatever other accesory gauges are in your center console mounted to your top fork tubes, those circuits will need to be tied into the new Dash that will have it's own harness.

When you get to doing it, feel free to ping me, I've been completly thru my
'89 FLHT for all the wiring for the stereo, removal of the antidive and troubleshooting / rebuilding the harness this past year and am pretty comfortable overall with the circuit layouts for our generation bikes.

Good Luck!

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
FLHS to RK

I'd buy the OEM H-D nacelle off e-bay if you could. The J&P nacelle last time I looked was pretty pricey for aftermarket. I bought a black Police model one pretty cheap a couple of years ago when considering the same move on my '92 FLHTC. One sticky point on my bike was the speedo. Mine used a cable. A Road King is electronic driven with a hall-effect sensor off the tranny gears. So, to put the RK dash would have needed something on the lines of a Dakota Digital unit with a cable adapter. I do not know if your 93 FLHS is cable driven but if it is...just something to think about. FXRFLH, how did you solve this? And I bought the 92 manual as well as the 93-94 manual that covers the 94 RK just for the reasons mentioned. Good Luck!

·
1,336 Posts
I just removed a black Nassell from my 2004 RK. Probally will not fit yours. I think it goes back to 94, but not sure. If you can reseach it and it fits email me I will give you a good deal. I think you could get it chromed for about 250 bucks. But you should be able to get a chrome one from ebay 200 to 300. I got one for mine minus the handle bar cover for 260.00. It was brand new. The handle bar cover was another 90.00. There are major five parts to it. Left Half, Right Half, Headlight ring, headlight bucket, handle bar cover, Front trim piece. So if you looking on ebay, better to find one with all the parts.

Good Luck

·
Registered
404 Posts
1bdbagr,

I didn't solve it 'cause I have an E'glide. I was just trryin' to offer some help on the wiring issues.

I've seen speedo cables available that are more flexible. They are used for the old cable driven speedo/dash setups on the older bikes, they should work along with the solution you provided.

Thanks for clarifying that the J&P prices were higher than the factory pieces off of EBay, didn't mean to have anybody spend more cash that neccessary, just offered that option , cause I flip thru the catalog all the time searchin' for stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 89 flhs that id also like to change the front end over to RK,i could use some guidance as to how to go about doing so and what parts i will need.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have 93 electra glide sport police bike.want to change the front end over to a road king style front headlight ( nacelle) and mount a tach on the handle bar cover.will this work. thanks pat
I would be interested in your take off's,,, instruments (speedo / tach etc.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good to find this post,,searching for FLHS conversion to RK,,,Tryin to gather as much info as possible...I have the nacelle,,,tank,,complete dash for 96RK,,just figuring out the anti-dive set ,,,,removal or relocate????? Speedo is kinda issue,,,,Prooly tons of stuff I'm missing...Anymore help would be good..
thanks
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts