V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what is a good streetable ignition for mild, stage 1, EVO engine in a Dyna chassis? Also, who makes a decent of plug wires for the bike? Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
487 Posts
daytona twin tech, or Crane

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
If your comfortable with wiring and have the service manual, its relatively easy. I put a Crane Hi-4 on my 96 EVO. Disconnect the old wiring plug(or cut it) route the new wire along the frame, up the center tube. Then splice into the VOES wire and route the wire to the coil and hook everything together, set the static timing and its ready to go.
?prty:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I can save ya some money here,I have an SE 8000 rpm module on ebay right now,it's all ya need for stage one and it's a plug in replacement for stock.
I had one on my FXR with Baisley heads EV 27 cam and SE 10to1 pistons and it worked great.
This one was the spare and is new and never been hooked up.
I sold the bike a couple years back so I don't need it.
$50 starting bid,no reserve.
Y2K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4605434798&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

·
Registered
487 Posts
both companies also have a plug in module versions also besides the cone style

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
cs1 do you want a single fire or dual fire ignition. If you go single then you will have to replace the unit in the cone and get a single fire coil and new plug wires. If you stay with dual fire the plug in module will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts