V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks – I can use some expert advice (and I’ll even listen to opinions). I like the custom look a 90 degree high performance filter such as Wimmer or Forcewinder offer … and it appears they offer a significant increase in airflow (nearly 226 cfm vs stock at 130 cfm) but am I sacrificing performance or filtration by not going with something like a Ness Big Sucker? I realize I am paying a premium for this type of air intake but as long as I am not giving up performance for the appearance I’m okay with that.

Application is on a 2004 FXSTI TC88B currently with SE slip-ons but soon to have Bub Jug Huggers (and necessary Power Commander).

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
They are not a good performer, any time you have the intake charge change directions it looses velocity plus the filter is too small for a performance motor. Look for a 2 to 3 hp loss with the Forcewinder over the standard K&N filter.

·
Registered
541 Posts
And more of what HDMD88 says...I too spent the big bucks for the sharp looking D&M 90 deg. chrome cone style air cleaner....Dang impressive looking, but I too took a hit in performance you could actually feel!!! Made me sick. Come to find out, they barely flow 10% better than some of the worst stock HD air cleaners...Back to the good old Ness Super Sucker setup with the K&N filter for me, which is one of the best CFM performers out there according to some of the test reports I've read...
DLR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts