V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whether it's BDL, REKLUSE, or other "Performance" product, but especially in the case of clutch-basket and pack, it is absolutely essential and important! Not only is it a "Seasoning" process/affect; the process expedites (simplifies and speeds) placement of sprockets in to housing. A "TTP": use a stainless steel pan--like you might get from "Williams-n-Sonoma" (or other High-quality Baking/Cooking store)--and place the clutch pack in the oil (Primary ChainCase oil).
For more on this TTP seek out Tracy Johnson at Chris Waddell's Cycle Solutions of Ft. Myers, FL.

He's the Master! It's like watchin' Leonardo carve David (had I--or you--been alive then); or Dali paint!!

Have Fun!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whether it's BDL, REKLUSE, or other "Performance" product, but especially in the case of clutch-basket and pack, it is absolutely essential and important! Not only is it a "Seasoning" process/affect; the process expedites (simplifies and speeds) placement of sprockets in to housing. A "TTP": use a stainless steel pan--like you might get from "Williams-n-Sonoma" (or other High-quality Baking/Cooking store)--and place the clutch pack in the oil (Primary ChainCase oil).
For more on this TTP seek out Tracy Johnson at Chris Waddell's Cycle Solutions of Ft. Myers, FL.

He's the Master! It's like watchin' Leonardo carve David (had I--or you--been alive then); or Dali paint!!

Have Fun!!
Thanks, knew I had seen it but couldn't put my finger on the thread
The other problem is which oil to use BDL says soak in ATF F but most others I've read say use 20w50 in both engine and primary. what say you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, knew I had seen it but couldn't put my finger on the thread
The other problem is which oil to use BDL says soak in ATF F but most others I've read say use 20w50 in both engine and primary. what say you?
Well!
Purely from a physics point-of-view you should use the same oil that the material ("matter") is going to operate and live out its useful life! In the spirit of "Planned Obsolescence"!
Ssshhhh! "Be Very, Very Quiet! We're sneaking up on those rasqually ferous metals"! And, whatever you do: Don't tell MSM or Tim Cook that I used that term! o_O:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
... IMHO ...

TYPE-F automatic transmission FLUID is made for

1) Friction Material

2) is much <less EXPENSIVE than other lubricant "solutions"

3) is BRIGHT "RED" to help identify any potential future LEAKS

4) personal recommendation - I have been using it for DECADES in ALL my EVO Primary Cases
a) 1985 FXRP
b) 1995 DYNA
c) 2005 "hardly" DAVIDSON FXR Custom Build

1 - 6 of 6 Posts