V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my 89" evo on the dyno this morning. Not as good as I would have thought ([email protected] & 96torque @ 4200rpm). It did have a nice flat curve without any dips. 89" S&S with Alan Johnson heads, Woods W8 cam, S&S super e carb.,Crane ignition and Thunderheader. Does anyone see where I could improve on this setup? I would like to get near 100hp & 100t.
Thanks
Drifter

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What compression ratio are you running? Are the heads ported and or polished? I'm running 11:1 comp and a S&S 600 cam in my 80 incher with great results. I also run a Mikuni HSR42 carb, with samson true duals and thunderheader slipons. Mine will pull your arms sraight from 3500-5500 R's.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Those number are good . You could move the timing gear on the cam + or - 2 * and see what happens. I would have a mechanic do that as you could cause some valve train problems with the psitons if you are not caerfull. One other thing you might try is a WB pipe see if you know of a shop that has one to dyno your bike with. The tunable stlye will most likely gain you numbers. But like I said what you pulled on the dyno is good. Dyno tuning can be a long process to see a few extra HP that you may never feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.