V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own/considering an 883R?...It's a good looking scoot, for sure!...I'd love to own one, but would like some feedback from anyone who has one now.....what did you pay?...is this a limited edition?.....how long did you wait?...if I wait til spring will I still be able to get one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hubby's 883R is Sweet Machine

Hubby bought an 883R back in September, it is a sweet machine. I still prefer the Hugger I bought, but there is nothing like the look of the R. As for availability, there may be a problem getting one in Spring as with all HD's but there are still some out there now. Two of the dealers in my area have a couple each. I don't think they are in very large supply if that is what you call limited edition, but I havent seen many on the road.

Pretty bike, got to say, pretty. Get a 1/4 fairing on it and you've got a nice ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How useable is the pillion (passenger) seat?

On paper (or the computer screen) the R looks like the ideal Harley for me (if I had the money), as the US$1000 difference in MSRP over the base XLH883 buys a dualseat and an extra front disc brake (which are of interest to me) and racing graphics, 2-into-1 exhaust pipe and alloy wheels (which aren't).

However, this is all hypothetical for someone like me who can't even afford a new Honda Rebel...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Sam Blob

You're still riding something brother, that's all that counts! You'll get your HD someday, persevere lad!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Hey Sam Blob

sheepboy said:
You're still riding something brother, that's all that counts! You'll get your HD someday, persevere lad!!!!!!!! :)
Thanks, I'll try to do that.

Dorish, in another thread you confirmed a concern I had about the dualseat on the XL883R. I remember wondering about the downward curve of the dualseat, and then I read your post where you advised anyone planning to go two-up on it to get a sissy-bar or risk being pulled off the bike by the pillion rider trying to stay on. I suppose the advantages of the XL883R are diminished if one has to buy an aftermarket seat, as that can be done with the base Sportster, and the extra front disc wouldn't cover the difference in MSRP...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 883r and it has been great. as far as the seat goes, dont plan on taking a passenger for long rides. I got a removable sissy bar and back rest pad. While I am pretty comfortable riding on it, according to those who have ridden on the passenger pillion of mine, it is uncomfortable as crap. usually after 20 or so miles the old lady starts to complain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HD4evr,

I have just bought my 883 HLH and my dealer in San Francisco had a bunch of Rs. I almost bought one, but since they couldn' t put on forward controls i had to go with the XLH.
The 2 in 1 exhaust comes down a different way and doesn't allow them to move you footpegs forward :(
I guess it depends on how tall you are. Will you need forward controls?
They are indeed a limited edition even if my dealer told me that they should have a 2003 edition and that the colors will not change. I guess it is ispired by one on the HD models from the 50's.
If yoiu don't need forward controls go for it. It's a beautiful scoot.

G
Crazy Italian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts