V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm at the moment looking to buy a 1996 sportster 883, which has been kitted to 1200.
I have conflicting reports of the reliability of such.
Some say , no way you will have nout but hassels.
Others say this is a hang up from earlier conversions, where "cowboys" did the nasty and gave such conversions a bad name.
I don't want to put out a3 months wages on a lemon, so any feed back would be welcomed with open arms.

Thanx Rik

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I did my own with a crappy shop that bored the cylinders.
After 23,000 + miles I still have no leaks and when the bike was dynoed with 22,000 on the conversion it made 65 HP. I run the bike middle to hard all the time. Let me also add if you do the upgrade make sure you port match the heads or you will be doing go to get 60HP with stock cams (I have stockers).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Kags said:
I did my own with a crappy shop that bored the cylinders.
After 23,000 + miles I still have no leaks and when the bike was dynoed with 22,000 on the conversion it made 65 HP. I run the bike middle to hard all the time. Let me also add if you do the upgrade make sure you port match the heads or you will be doing go to get 60HP with stock cams (I have stockers).
Hell, add the Andrews N2 cams while you're there. I hear it's a simple bolt on and will boost you to about 70 ponies with the port match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts