V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this. I have a 2003 hundredth anniversary electric glide classic with a fuel injected 88 twin cam. I have purchased from a friend from his 2012 Electra glide clasic his 103 jugs,fuel injected heads, intake, cams and pistons. Will this work? Will I need anything else to make my 88 into the 103?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A stroker (4 3/8 in.) crankshaft to make the pistons work.Heads are basically the same.Cams won't work, but that doesn't't matter because they're just stock cams anyway.
Do you know if I'll see that much of a difference in the power
A stroker (4 3/8 in.) crankshaft to make the pistons work.Heads are basically the same.Cams won't work, but that doesn't't matter because they're just stock cams anyway.
What all will I have to change besides the crank and cams that you speak of and what I already have? Will I get a good noticeable difference in power?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
maybe a whopping 8-10hp,,,, just because it has more inches,,, does not mean it makes more power...
there are hundreds of examples if this from every vehicle manufacturer in history..

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
You would be far better off turning yours into a 98" have your heads ported and add a cam.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
True what TT said - years ago my 03 Road King at 95" 9.5/1 , Andrews 26 cams , and a 2-1 exhaust would flat embarrass a 103 and there where a couple 110 CVO's I would beat if I didn't hit the rev limiter- the same bike later with 210 ccp , Woods 6H, head work & Thunderheader, etc would beat 110 & larger bikes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts