V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the HD Pn for the pushrod tubes that make adjusting pushrod length easier? They're supposed to have shorter lower ends that provide easier access to the adjust/lock nuts. Can't seem to locate them in the catalog...
DLR

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
I believe they are a Screamin' Eagle part since they come with the pushrods. Colony makes them for the aftermarket too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SE sounds right...Need the actual numeric pn so I can order a set. I'm using the Crane Timesavers... Thought it would be wise to go with the better pushrod tubes to ease adjustment.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Here's the part #'s from the Se High Peformance Quick-install adjustable pushrod instruction sheet. I assume this is what you're looking for:

Pushrod cover, lower (4) 17938-83

·
Registered
376 Posts
Don't forget you'll need the longer retaining clips also I believe........

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
If it's a TC install, the stock retaining clips are used just the lower ones are replaced with the ones in the pushrod kit.

·
Registered
483 Posts
99 fxdx tc. i can't seem to find just the tube kit without buying the push rods et al. i already have rhe adjustable push rods. i just want an easier time of it adjusting the d##n things. any suggestions?:thanks: :thanks:

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
DLRVelocity1 said:
Does anyone know the HD Pn for the pushrod tubes that make adjusting pushrod length easier? They're supposed to have shorter lower ends that provide easier access to the adjust/lock nuts. Can't seem to locate them in the catalog...
DLR
Here's the instruction sheet for the SE pushrods. It list the part number for the shorter lower covers and longer clips.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
jim t said:
99 fxdx tc. i can't seem to find just the tube kit without buying the push rods et al. i already have rhe adjustable push rods. i just want an easier time of it adjusting the d##n things. any suggestions?:thanks: :thanks:
It's not a kit composed of tubes. Just order the part # above.

The adjustable pushrod kit also has these in it "Keeper, pushrod spring cover (4) 17634-99" but I'm not sure if they are absolutely necessary if you use the pushrod lower cover I mentioned above. The 17634-99 # is only $1.75 apiece.

Someone else may chime in that knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts