V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Yes, there is a "spot" on the V-Twin forum to sell bikes. It is a sub-forum titled "Motorcycles for sale". I don't think anyone that regularly frequents this forum cares if you list one for sale here or not, but the moderators may choose to move your post there. Or they may choose to delete it because you didn't follow the rules which are listed there (you must be a member for at least seven days and have 10 or more posts).

Regardless, I think you have an uphill battle trying to sell a non-stock '84 for $6,500. An all-original never molested one might fetch that much, but it would have to be extremely nice.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
caveman I think there is -0- chance it will sell for that,,, Im thinking more like 33% of his bargain price... but who knows..

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
caveman I think there is -0- chance it will sell for that,,, Im thinking more like 33% of his bargain price... but who knows..
Terry, I was thinking more like 25%, and even that is probably generous. You never know though, there might be that one buyer with deep pockets that desperately wants it.

He says he "doesn't want to make a killing" selling it, but whatever he paid for it it's now worth even less because he's ripped the wiring out of it. And the non-standard turn signals and other clues lead me to think the previous owner butchered it up pretty good anyway.

·
not sober all the time
5,122 Posts
Yes, there is a "spot" on the V-Twin forum to sell bikes. It is a sub-forum titled "Motorcycles for sale". I don't think anyone that regularly frequents this forum cares if you list one for sale here or not, but the moderators may choose to move your post there. Or they may choose to delete it because you didn't follow the rules which are listed there (you must be a member for at least seven days and have 10 or more posts).

Regardless, I think you have an uphill battle trying to sell a non-stock '84 for $6,500. An all-original never molested one might fetch that much, but it would have to be extremely nice.
It doesn't appear that rules matter lately. He isn't the only newbie posting items for sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.