V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:

I went to Hollister this weekend and I already put 800 miles on my bike. We rode with some friends, had a great time and really bad scare. My husband and I were travelling up and over the Santa Cruz Mtn's and our friend decided to wind in and out of traffic. I could not see that well on the dark and windy road and hit a corner too fast. I slid into the next lane over right up next to a cement divider. I definitely learned a very valuable lesson - never try to keep up with the banchees! Ride at my speed and comfort. Scared the sh+t out of my husband and myself.

Harley Hottie should probably understand this with the horses (as well as all the bike riders only) - "if you don't get back on after a good scare you never will". Well, the next day I got back on my bike and rode for another 200 miles into old Sacramento on windy levee roads and had a BLAST!!!!

Welp, I am off to sell my horse trailer and pick up the kiddos.

Take care,

Gone Riding

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good to here you made it alright. It will be much easier once you get through a course and get the chance to practice what you have learned (I try to practice certian maneuvers daily). A good book to try and find is "Proficient Motorcycling" by Hough (don't remember the first name).

I put on about a grand this weekend. I rode from here to my parents house in SoCal (450 miles) Wednesday and cruised around there a little. Then I made the ride back on Sunday. Sure is hot out there on the 5, when you are wearing a black 1 piece suit and black full face, 50 pound back pack didn't help either :eek:

Riding into work yet?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like you learned the most important lesson, Ride your own Ride! My OM always tells me that before we go out on a ride with other bikers.

Other than that I bet you had a blast, I love to rack up those miles!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts