V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi from over the pond, i have a 87 fxrs-sp, it came with a fat front end, i have got all the bits to put her back to a standard front end , however, parts are alot more sparse over here in the uk. i have seen a 79fxs twin disc front wheel, i presume its a fit for my fxrs-sp 39mm front end just wanted a check from you lads..

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
hi from over the pond, i have a 87 fxrs-sp, it came with a fat front end, i have got all the bits to put her back to a standard front end , however, parts are alot more sparse over here in the uk. i have seen a 79fxs twin disc front wheel, i presume its a fit for my fxrs-sp 39mm front end just wanted a check from you lads..
Wont fit unless you change the trees too. And even then its not a direct bolt on. The turn stops are different. You also don't want to down grade the brakes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you , i can rule it out, so will it be any sportster or dyna that would fit, this fat front end has to go its got the handling of a slug lol

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
thank you , i can rule it out, so will it be any sportster or dyna that would fit, this fat front end has to go its got the handling of a slug lol
Yes... The Sportster of the same Era, (39mm) is Identical...Trees and All!!! BTDT
But... if there was a Wide front end on it... Perhaps the Fork Stop has already been altered...
Some Investigation... or Pictures
are in Order

1 - 7 of 7 Posts