V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is where it begins...

Added a chrome adjustable swingarm, but still not satisfied with the axle fitment.

Trial fitting of a bobbed stock fender shows I must do some minor trimming of the left strut to get the fender side flush.

The tail lite I selected required me to drill the fender because it was a blank canvas.

Everyone loves pictures, so I will post them up as I progress. Upcoming will be fitting of a new fuel tank and possibly a WG replacement for the current springer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Raining here, so I removed the old tank and set the new one on just to get a feel for the upcoming look...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow. I'm thoroughly impressed. That bike is so clean. It looks brand new.

I REALLY like the before picture. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my axle issues worked out. Changed caliper bracket so I can run the caliper bottom mounted...anyone know of a site or link where I can find various thickness 3/4" ID axle spacers?

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
man...I don't know if I would have changed the before look.....I love that turtle tank and springer look.

Your doin awesome on the redo...hope ya get the look your looking for

·
Swamprat Rider
757 Posts
Definitely Looks Sweet .. Although didn't see a thing wrong with it as it was .. Nice Work Regardless..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Major snafu - Two of the decals bubbled up on me. Found out that it is recommended to wait two days after spraying clear before applying decals. Now I get to sand all this off and begin anew. Thinking of forgoing the decals now and just do a two-tone job...maybe a black/white combo? :beatdh:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, here it is as it stands this morning. After much work I managed to salvage the tank and decided to experiment a little...just what I need, another challenge. :redrolf:

I added some Fire Red flake to the initial coat of clear...slightly more than I really wanted, but it was difficult to gauge being my first time with flake. I will let this cure for two days before applying the tank decal and following coats of clear.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice but parts are parts

1 - 20 of 23 Posts