V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
heritage43 said:
I am taking my Heritage in for its 7,500 mile service. What all do they do? I costs around $160.00.
Well, considering HD recommends (according to the '06 softail service manual, as well as the users manual) to service every 5000 miles, they probably just take your money and laugh at you in the back...

Seriously though, its best to ask them what they do... and why they say you need to go in for a 7500 mile service since if it were really necesary the manual would say so... Good luck...

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
@gree: Unless you have an issue with the bike/ENGINE save your $$ for the 10K. {buy a shop manual} -2$en#e-

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a service writer at the harley shop here, and honestly you do not need a 7500 mile service. All it is, is that they change your engine oil and basically just walk around your bike and look for any obvious problems.
They may or may not test ride it. I agree with the former, just save your money for the 10,000 m/s.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
you'll save some cash by changing your own oils. I take mine in every 5,000 to have them adjust everything, just to make sure I've got it done right. they charge me $40-$50. last time they heard a gas line inside my tank that had a leak. I wouldn't of figured that out myself. cost around $80 for the line installed, but was happy to have my bike running right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts