V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 FL that I am trying to restore. The bike's wiring is a mess so I want to redo it. I have the Clymer service manual for shovelheads. The Wiring diagram depicts a terminal plate, and a terminal box. I was able to purchase reproductions of both parts but I don't know where to install them. Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
ASA Lives
600 Posts
The Original Terminal Box (72325-48) was bolted to the side of the frame with a cover (72335-48) over it. This was bolted to the frame just above the pivot point of the rear swing arm. Not very secure.

You may think about using the Terminal Block (72311-70) that Harley started to use with the 1970 model year in addition to you using the original box. It was mounted on an angular bracket (72310-70) inside the headlight shell to the top triple tree. This gave some security to the wiring. I know this is not "Stock" and "Original" but this does give a better wiring set up than the connections used on the "Box" Harley used from 1948 to 1969.

And Please get rid of the Clymer and get the Harley Service Manual, 1959-1969 Electra Glide Models (99482-69) and the Part Catalog for FL Models, 1941 to 1982 (99456-82). It will give a much better chance you will get it right the first time. You can still buy them new from Harley. Or look around the web, like eBay.

·
Registered
549 Posts
hi from Denver the terminal kit or the new wiring harness should have come with a instructions most early glides have one on the left rear side of the frame were all the rear wire intersected and the front goes in the head light area

you can get a better repair manual then clymer there crap get an orig harley one you pay more but there complete and correct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts