V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a HUGE pothole going 75 MPH last night and dented the front rim on my ride (pucker factor was very very high). Its the stock 40 spoke rim, so I figure I might as well upgrade to a 60 spoke cross laced rim (don't like 80's or 120's or radials). Chrome rim and hub, with black spokes. I've been leaning towards Ride Wright rims (the manufacturer for HogPro's spoked rims).

Does anyone have any pro's/con's on their rims? Any recommendations on where to buy up these rims (other then from HogPro or Ride Wright directly)? Alternate manufacturer's? Don't want to break the bank for a single rim. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
American Wire Wheel in Dayton Ohio has some really nice 60 spoke wheels. Just google the name in your browser search bar. I plan on getting a set of 16 inch sixty spokes for my 06 FX.

·
Registered
357 Posts
zzyzxmo said:
American Wire Wheel in Dayton Ohio has some really nice 60 spoke wheels. Just google the name in your browser search bar. I plan on getting a set of 16 inch sixty spokes for my 06 FX.

yeah man, they are SWEET, I want to put one on the front of my FXR .... I'm thinking the 40 spoke will do in on my bike, 60 might be too much for me

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with a 60 spoke from HogPro (manufactured by Ride Wright Wheels). Got it last weekend and love it. Chrome outer rim and hub, flat black spokes. f*ckin' shvveeeet... Now if only santa would bring me a set of black fork sliders and triple trees... :) Chrome is an accent, not a primary on my bike.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
petrock said:
I went with a 60 spoke from HogPro (manufactured by Ride Wright Wheels). Got it last weekend and love it. Chrome outer rim and hub, flat black spokes. f*ckin' shvveeeet... Now if only santa would bring me a set of black fork sliders and triple trees... :) Chrome is an accent, not a primary on my bike.
Good deal, I bet they do look nice. Are they by chance sealed to allow you to run tubeless?

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
road_king said:
Good deal, I bet they do look nice. Are they by chance sealed to allow you to run tubeless?
They have a rubber belt type thing covering the spoke holes to give some kind of seal. However, I don't know if thats an air tight seal or not. Contact Ride Write Wheels, they should be able to tell you. I prefer running with a tube though, especially in a front tire. Safer that way. For example, I would have had a blow out and crashed if I wasn't running a tube when I dented my stock rim. The tube saved my booty.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
petrock said:

When you get a chance post a pic.

Nicky

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
i have a set of their 80 spoke wheels on my train. They have a chrome lip, black inner rim, chrome nips and spokes, black hubs. The spokes are their twisted diamond cut. Very nice wheels bought them directly from them. Now the bad. ordered august 1 recieved sept5 not bad, got rotors and pulley to match wrong pulley have been fighting with them since now have 5 total and there all wrong bike still apart waiting really fed up and time for lawyer to step in. Sorry for the rant just a little ticked still

1 - 8 of 8 Posts