V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what a cool site!! Time to step up to some engine mods on my 04 EFI Road King Custom. I set er up at purchase with the stage I kit & slip on Vance Hines. Where to go from here? I want some punch. With the wife on the back 1/2 the time and equal city and highway riding i want a well rounded runner that's reliable. I'm liking the 103" & 113" Harley big bore kits. But where to start, which kit, heads, cams, clutch etc.... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:cheers: Welcome to VTF.
wtile you have come to the right place.There is an abundance of good info on this fine forum while i can't help you(i'm an evo man)check out the archives and the dyno forums.
No doubt the VTF experts will be able to guide you.
Ange.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
@gree: "...some punch" is a pretty wide open ballfield. Lots of good threads here that cover options ranging from bolt-in cams and mild head work, to 103, 113 and larger strokers. Then you can go hi comp, low comp, and get into a lot of different issues. How much do you want to spend and how much do you want to be screwing with things are questions to ask yourself.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Start with you budget, then on to what you are looking for as a end result. How do you ride, touring, city ridings, weekend hopper?? All of this is part of selecting a package.

From a very basic 95 only to 95 cams, heads, to a 98 with cam and heads, to a 103, 107, 113, 117, 124 and up to a 131. and last but not least with aftermarket case's we can go 155 on the t/c set up. P.S. to build a 155 you are going to spend more that you paid for the bike though but you can have 200 hp LOL really easier ways to get there than building a 155 though.

There are some great basic kits that will give you some extra you just need to decide how extra you want and how much you have to spend. Good luck

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
YEA now that is what I am talking about, 155 with a blower plus 50 hp shot, and flat black paint for the stealth look :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thnks for all the replies. I like the 155 with the blower idea. I bet the wife would love that rumble sittin on the back seat. How about a shop in seattle. Can anyone recommend one?

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
YEA now that is what I am talking about, 155 with a blower plus 50 hp shot, and flat black paint for the stealth look :)

...and flat black paint to hide the sheit stains!!!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
How about Downtown H-D in Seattle?
Don't know how much power you want, but IMO, 95" 9.5 to 10.0:1 builds are fun, reliable and not too hard on the wallet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts