V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 06 street glide and I love it except the 4" screen throughs everything right in my face. I really have a problem at night when I do not have my sunglasses on I just have my reular glasses on the wind goes right into my eyes and makes it almost impossible to see unless I bend down a few inches. I am about 5' 9 and I was wondering if the 6 1/2 would work better. I really likr the looks of the blacked out screen and low but it has no funtioning purpose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
jerry,
I'm about your height and cut down a stock(12") windshield to 9"...I like to see out over the top, and it keeps most of the wind out of my face. I have an '06 ultra...I tried a 9 1/2" factory windshield, but the top was right in my sightline.
i've never bought one, but some of the aftermarket windshields on ebay are around $40 inc. shipping. & they have all heights in 1" increments.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I want to see out over the screen too. I do not want to look through it. I am trying to get the coverage but keep as much of the cool look it has now as possible. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey Jerry,

email me:

[email protected]

I have a bunch of extra windshields here that will fit your bike(one is a brand new tinted 6 incher)& I need a 4" like you have now.

Maybe we can work out a trade of some kind??

~John

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
04GLIDE said:
I run a Clearview 6" black shield with the euro lip. Works great.
How tall are you? Does that euro "flip" on a 6" shield really get all the wind over your head?

The flip on that short shield looks kinda funky too.

Thanks

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
I have the stock 6.5" Dark Windshield on my 06 CUSE, its great around town but if I am going to ride some miles I always put my 9" windshield on and it keeps the bugs off me and I look just over the top of it.

Anyone have a suggestion on a 9" Dark Windshield?

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
J&P Cycles have good shields, all sizes and prices. There are a couple of links in here for super pricing on shields. Maybe a search for windshields will yield your answers.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of your help, I think I am probobly going to go with the 9 1/2. I tried out the 6 1/2 and it just isn't going to cut it on the longer rides, still too much wind hitting me in the eye's. Thanks again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
JJsFLHX said:
Thanks for all of your help, I think I am probobly going to go with the 9 1/2. I tried out the 6 1/2 and it just isn't going to cut it on the longer rides, still too much wind hitting me in the eye's. Thanks again.
Was it the Clearview 6.5" shield with the Euro Lip that you tried? I have the Street Glide myself and want to replace the stock shield without going too
high. I was going to order the 6.5" from Clearview with the Lip until I read your post. Thinking now that I should go a bit higher?? I'm about 6' tall, don't mind a little wind but not the buffetting around my head. Thanks....

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm 5'9" and have the factory 9.5" shield on my '00 Standard and it's perfect for me - I look over it, not through it, but great protection.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am about 5'9" and I have a Cee Bailey 7" on my Ultra. Works great for me. I can see over it but the wind goes over my head. Only problem is when wifey is on the back, the wind is pretty strong in her face. She isn't on the back much so I don't hear about it often. Check them out. Quality is great and the price is right.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I run the H-D tinted 9 1/2 in the summer, 15" in the fall and spring, but I'm 6', with a tall boy seat.
Works great for me.
The 9 1/2" LOOKS way sharper than the 15.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
What you are supposed to do is this.........

Sit on your bike in your normal riding position, have a buddy take a 4' level and put it level with your eyes. Now measure down from the level to the top of the fairing and deduct 2" from that measurement.

That is the height of the windshield you will need.

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts