V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am familiar with the 37G, it seems to come on strong pretty early, what are the characteristics of the 570G? It would seem that the 37G is more bolt in than the 570G, in that the 570 has higher lift. Thanks for any answers to my stupid questions.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The 570G has a 570 lift and 240 duration. Yes - the 37G with a 510 lift is a "bolt-in" cam. You have to match the cams to the rest of your build (of course) to get the best performance. Pipes also make a big difference when it comes to torque peaks and dips as well so here is what I get out of my 570G's. It is a 95" with 9.8 - 1 compression, DDT ignition, S&S Heads, Mikuni 42mm carb, and V&H LS pipes with 2/3 of the baffles cut out.

103 Ft/lbs of TQ at 3000 rpms and it stays there until about 5000 where it goes back into the 90's. No TQ dips in the profile - just looks like a hill on the dyno sheet - from 80ft/lbs early, on up to 103 and then back down to 85 or so at 6K rpm. I've seen several other 570G's with a similar profile. This is on a Deuce and is exactly where I wanted the most power to be (in the middle of the RPM band)

Anyway the 37G is a great cam as well and is more friendly for milder builds and even works well with an otherwise stock motor. It has been beaten to death around here so search and ye shall find lots of info on it here. There is not much however on the 570G's so I thought I'd pipe up.

Cheers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.